Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well, got the bandsaw, yea. Seems to have fallen out of the crate sometime during shipping. Main assembly is ok, but there are over 1/2 dozen parts that have broken or bent that need replacing. It was put back in crate and did not see the extent of the damage until uncrating it. Lots of picts, now we see how good a company Jet is.

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Wow, hope the damage was noted on the delivery receipt, otherwise you may have an issue.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wow, hope the damage was noted on the delivery receipt, otherwise you may have an issue.
Unfortunately, the extent of the damage was hidden until it was un-crated. The shipping company did a good job hiding their opps. If there is any issues getting this resolved, I'll just let my ccard company sort it out. There's a reason why I only use my local bank's ccard for internet purchases.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The ESAB Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC came in on Sunday. Fedex. Two days before estimated delivery day. Delivered by this tiny woman who picked it up out of the truck like it weighed nothing. I was impressed. Wow, and the box was in prefect condition. Took a peak inside, the welder was double boxed so did not get far in checking it out.

Was busy cleaning out the pole barn of 15 years of crap accumulation in prep for eventual concrete flooring. Had a contractor come by on Saturday. 44 x 24 foot, 6 inch with wire mesh. $72xx but he's three months out. Possible he might get to it before then depending on his other job scheduling. So I have to be prepared to empty the pole barn on a day's notice. Thus the need to clean. :)

Searched about for my old sugar scoop welding helmet. Hiding somewhere. Oh well, picked up a Lincoln auto darkening at Lowes and some welding toys. Will get a tank of 75/25 sometime. Will play around with stick and flux core first. Real men chip their slag. lol. Let the welding projects begin... The list is long. Now if I only had a vertical bandsaw that was not broken. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Finally got the return authorization from Northern Tool, of course I have to re-crate it. Decided to get a refund rather than a replacement. Not playing hit or miss on freight shipper dropping it again. Northern Tool has also pissed me off with their dog slow procedure. I'm on day 28 since ordering. This experience was just pathetic.

So going to play a different game now. I'll post more if it comes in tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ok :) We have a working bandsaw now. After thinking a bit, finally decided to order from Home Depot, ship to store. Home Depot is 10 mins away. This way, if it's damaged, they deal with it. Ordered Oct 30th, Picked it up today, Nov 3rd. In perfect condition too, bonus plus.

Decided to change up and go for a Jet HVBS-712D ( HVBS-712D, 7" x 12" Deluxe Horizontal / Vertical Bandsaw )

I figure, if you need to cut metal, get something that will really cut metal. :) Plus it can do both horizontal and vertical.
4 blade speeds: 86/132/178/260 RPM, coolant system, automatic shutoff and hydraulic drop.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thats a beauty! Have you decided what off road wheels to fit? Those little 8”ers don’t look the part when parked up beside the welding card... 😂

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, just smack me with a trout. Center to center is 7-7/16 inches, not 7-1/2... Oh Deere :)
Hey mate, have you got a metric (millimetre) centre to centre? My install saga continues as the dealer sent me a 13" bucket off a 375... still waiting on their reply (Christmas delays), but looking like a new project to make some ears.

And how is the quick coupler design going?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Google says, 7-7/16 is 188.9125 mm.

Quick coupler design is sidelined while I'm building doors for the pole barn/garage to close it up after the concrete floor got poured much sooner than originally scheduled.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks bloke.
I've been following the doors and barn, very nice!

So the record (correct me if I'm wrong)
48/448/485 Backhoe bucket coupling dimensions are:
Pin diameter - 1 1/4" - 31.75mm
Pin spacing 7 7/16" - 189mm
Ears - 7 9/16" 186mm

46/47/447/375 Backhoe bucket coupling dimensions are:
Pin diameter - 1 1/4" - 31.75mm
Pin spacing 6 1/8"" - 155mm
Ears - 6 1/2" - 165mm

To all the GTT BH owners, if we can get this verified it might be a good thread for the library.

·
Registered
38 Posts
getting back into this thread i see i have missed a few updates.....

my Quick Coupler design is on hold involuntarily & indefinitely. Work has exploded over the past 4 months. Turns out this Covid thing has been a blessing and a curse, right now we more work than we can handle, which means no time to work on the toys. Make hay when the sun shines grandpa used to say.

Next step is repairing the dipper stick and dipper cylinder on my unit. then the bucket conversion and QD.... one thing at a time....

·
Registered
265 Posts
my Quick Coupler design is on hold
Next step is repairing the dipper stick and dipper cylinder on my unit.
@rjt have you got pictures of this dipper stick and cylinder?? Sounds like an entertaining story...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought the tractor at an auction, sight unseen. ~1500 hours, said to run and function. I didn't pay much for what it is, but it's been used HARD... The dipper pivot pin appears to have been broken, then tweaked the side plates and cylinder rod in process. They hammered it back into "shape" and welded her up....

It functions, but not nicely.

No pictures of the damage specifically, but I'll take some next time I'm out at the property...

41 - 60 of 114 Posts