Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cab blower fan on my 4960 didnt start the other day. I pulled the blower fan out and it will run directly hooked to 12v battery and sounds fine. I did install new switch and resistor to eliminate as culprits. At the connection going to the blower I have 12 volts ….. that is UNTIL I hook the motor to the leads and then voltage drops to 0. I'm out of my element here. What else can I check?

·
Registered
931 Posts
The fuses and relays are behind the left side cowling. I would check connections at F4 fuse and K3 relay. Check for power at that fuse when blower is on and connected. If power stays at 12 volts, then the problem is further towards the blower. In front of the firewall is a rectangular connector with 4 wires. Pin #4 should be a red wire with 042 stamped on it. That is the wire going to the blower motor. Make sure that connection is tight and clean. After that, the harness goes up through the right front cab corner post and there are connectors at the top of corner post under roof that can be prone to corrosion as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jd110..I will check that out.
The fuses and relays are behind the left side cowling. I would check connections at F4 fuse and K3 relay. Check for power at that fuse when blower is on and connected. If power stays at 12 volts, then the problem is further towards the blower. In front of the firewall is a rectangular connector with 4 wires. Pin #4 should be a red wire with 042 stamped on it. That is the wire going to the blower motor. Make sure that connection is tight and clean. After that, the harness goes up through the right front cab corner post and there are connectors at the top of corner post under roof that can be prone to corrosion as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jd110 the 4 wire connector in front of the firewall was causing the problem. Got it cleaned up and put back together. Been working fine now. I appreciate the advise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts