Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 4066R Cab
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there done this upgrade to the rear wiper of your 4R Cab tractor?
Check out this video (about 5 min's), outlines the installation of kit p/n BXX10345.

Rear Wiper Upgrade Video

I would be interested in hearing your experiences, as I'm waiting for delivery of a new 4066R - it has the same issue as the video shows.

·
Old Pa-pa
14,823 Posts
Mine wipes about 1/3 of the rear windshield, only on the left side.
Really believe Deere perpetrated a fraud calling it a windshield washer.

Almost have to laugh at the design team thinking it was OK that 2/3 of the windshield
remains untouched. :mad:

Reactions: John in the UP

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does this new upgrade park when you turn the rear wiper off? That’s always been my biggest complaint about that stupid rear wiper. I did some work with some fellows on this site this past winter and have mine now so that it parks just by rewiring a couple of things. just wondering if they took care of that problem too with this latest new upgrade?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also forgot to mention my 4066R is a 2017 model so my rear wiper is mounted on the right side over my right shoulder. It looks like they moved it to the left side maybe sometime in 2018 or 19. Not sure why they moved it as mine on the right side wipes the windshield just perfect. like I said my only complaint was that it never used to park but it does now.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
Does this new upgrade park when you turn the rear wiper off?
No, but in this thread it was discussed how to make them park:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes I was heavily involved with that discussion. Just want to caution guys with the newer models with the wiper on the left side. The wiring appears to be different on the newer models so following what we did in this discussion may not produce the same result.

·
Registered
3046R, 320R loader, 375A BH, 72D MMM, 4406H BB, County Line Landscape Rake, Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer
133 Posts
Yes I was heavily involved with that discussion. Just want to caution guys with the newer models with the wiper on the left side. The wiring appears to be different on the newer models so following what we did in this discussion may not produce the same result.
Update:I checked last night and it definitely will not work on newer models with the wiper on the left. It's a completely different motor and uses a parking switch that is open through the wipe cycle and closed at the park position. Still working the problem, but I think it was designed to be used with a relay instead of direct wired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.