Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modified or used a handle from say an scv to put on the rockshaft control lever? I guess I wished it was a full sized handle due to having the remote lift control creating a bit more drag to over come with such a little lever.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
How about this?
Dave

Reactions: JD Driver

·
Registered
6,045 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That might work a bit better! I'll look into it. Was hoping for a bit more length but maybe a bigger handle would help just enough.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
That little dinky OEM knob required me to use my thumb and forefinger to operate it. With the bigger one, there is no restrictions.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same thing here we touch that lever over 300 times per snow event.we use the tractor for residential driveways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice ideas. I ordered one through McMaster and post it up for future searches.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I actually got the longer and short one. Pictured is the long. The loader joystick hits when the lever is all the way down and the loader valve is in dump and boom down. Not a big deal as I don't forsee me doing those maneuvers at the same time. I like it. I dont have huge hands but I can get 4 fingers on it. I don't have issues hitting my hands on either lever adjacent to it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I actually got the longer and short one. Pictured is the long. The loader joystick hits when the lever is all the way down and the loader valve is in dump and boom down. Not a big deal as I don't forsee me doing those maneuvers at the same time. I like it. I dont have huge hands but I can get 4 fingers on it. I don't have issues hitting my hands on either lever adjacent to it.
I did order the long one, great find.

John Deere 4066R

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just received the lever-handle from McMaster, ordered yesterday at 3:10 pm and received today, incredibly good service. Great handle, great find. Thank you for the heads up.

Kevin

John Deere 4066R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts