Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate fireworks, so when the weather's fit, we head for the farm on the 4th of July for some peace & quiet! Yesterday was the best yet, high of 81* with a little breeze, near perfect. HPIM3097.JPG

A little fishing, had fresh bass & crappie for dinner today (noon): HPIM3102.JPG

Hot dogs, fried tators w/onions & beans for dinner: HPIM3098.JPG HPIM3100.JPG

A Gator ride & time in the shade afternoon: HPIM3103.JPG

Then, back home by supper time & stayed inside for the night! Dogs didn't want to go out for their last trip before bedtime, can't say that I blame them! :rocket: :mad: ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
grnspot110, Sounds like MY kind of day. Thanks for the post.
BTW, our dogs did not want to go out for the last tour of the day last night either.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Looks like a nice way to spend the 4th!! In fact, it looks just about perfect!!

Add me to the list of not liking the fireworks. So far, I have shown great restraint in not firing the 12ga for "fireworks" of my own around here! Been listening to them since 1730 Thursday evening. I've been keeping my horses up at night, but last night, with all of the racket, I could hear other horses running and nickering in other pastures. I know those setting off the fireworks had to be aware, so it proves they just don't care. (Surely their head isn't that far up their @%%!)

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had fireworks going off in the area again last night too! Supposed to be illegal except 8 am to 12 midnight on the 4th, but the City obviously doesn't enforce that ordinance! :fire: All about the money! ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
This has been the quietest July 4 weekend in my entire life! Even "Mr. Crazy" and the "Drunkard Family" failed to launch their dueling "professional" flash/bangs... I'll bet firework prices must be up there around the price of cigarettes!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
This has been the quietest July 4 weekend in my entire life! Even "Mr. Crazy" and the "Drunkard Family" failed to launch their dueling "professional" flash/bangs... I'll bet firework prices must be up there around the price of cigarettes!:laugh:
Same here! We went to bed early, only heard one fire engine and it was on the street behind us.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I went to Appleton's fireworks on the 3rd , was home on the 4rth & 5th. Other than Green Bays fire work display , it was a quiet weekend near me. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts