Same to you too, Gizmo!!

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
Same to you too, Gizmo and all others !

·
Registered
321 Posts
this is a weekend to celebrate our freedom DON'T YOU DARE GO OUTSIDE AND DO SOME WORK!!!!!!!!!!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Sorry, some of us work when we have the time to be home and do so. I am hoping for rain tonight and thru the weekend, so the neighbors that usually shoot fireworks and keep everyone awake and worried about them setting fires, can't. But if it doesn't rain, I have to be in the pastures while my boss lets me be away from the job.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, some of us work when we have the time to be home and do so. I am hoping for rain tonight and thru the weekend, so the neighbors that usually shoot fireworks and keep everyone awake and worried about them setting fires, can't. But if it doesn't rain, I have to be in the pastures while my boss lets me be away from the job.
Fireworks around us ALWAYS drive the horses nuts and that plays hell on the fences. So for your sake I hope it rains also.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
And Folks it's not just the fourth day of July on the calendar, it is "Independance Day"! Commemorating the day we declared ourselves free of an opressive ruling society to live as we needed to live.

:usa Can we please have another go at it starting tomorrow at 12:01 AM...?:usa

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The last thing around here we need is rain. My lawn is very soggy, but worse than that the local farmers are having a hell of a time getting in the fields.

My neighbors will light off fireworks in the wee hours of the night, and then complain the about the barking dogs. What part about the fireworks are whats getting the dogs wound up about don't they get ?? :nunu:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My neighbors will light off fireworks in the wee hours of the night, and then complain the about the barking dogs. What part about the fireworks are whats getting the dogs wound up about don't they get ?? :nunu:
Yup, dog owners finally getting bothered by their own dogs and get mad at the fireworkers. Man, around here I call that "The Perfect Storm"!:laugh: At least the fireworks are not on a day by day 15 minute basis like the stupid owner's dogs.

What causes people to become deaf right after a puppy arrives....? They could hear perfectly well the day before! :unknown: Come on "blockbusters" and bottle rockets!:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,040 Posts
Happy Independence Day!

4th of July.jpg

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Wow, finally a ray of golden sunlight shone through the maples at 7:15PM! After all that darn rain I'm gonna have to mow again Sunday!:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, finally a ray of golden sunlight shone through the maples at 7:15PM! After all that darn rain I'm gonna have to mow again Sunday!:good2:
Know what ya mean, same here over in Sullivan County. We are having a small party Sunday, need to mow today.

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Always thought those bottle rockets made good shotgun targets. Neighbors didn't understand when I yelled Pull!

Happy Independence Day everyone! :usa

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Always thought those bottle rockets made good shotgun targets. Neighbors didn't understand when I yelled Pull!

Happy Independence Day everyone! :usa
I have loaded the 12 ga with birdshot. Thinking I might fire a few rounds high in their direction, so some pellets fall on them. Might get the message across, without harming anyone. Not sure if that would be legal, or not, but it is a plan.

They started those fireworks just as I was climbing into bed last night. Not sure what they were shooting up that was so loud, but had me as well as the livestock a bit weary before they quit.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have loaded the 12 ga with birdshot. Thinking I might fire a few rounds high in their direction, so some pellets fall on them. Might get the message across, without harming anyone. Not sure if that would be legal, or not, but it is a plan.

They started those fireworks just as I was climbing into bed last night. Not sure what they were shooting up that was so loud, but had me as well as the livestock a bit weary before they quit.
Ash Cans were always my favorite.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Happy Independence Day everyone.

Wife and I thought we could possibly spend part of the weekend working in our yard ... after the rain stopped. But stepdaughter called early on the fourth, getting contractions, but not in labor yet. Get a call a couple of hours later, contractions a little stronger and hospital has admitted her ... so we packed, and started driving to Syracuse (4 hour drive). Hoping to arrive before the birth, she called when we were about an hour away, baby girl, 8 lbs 5 oz, she was tired, but both are well.

We arrived and were able to see new granddaughter and parents in the hospital. We were all there to watch her first sponge bath, and stay with them until they were transferred to their regular room. What a great day.

So we are grandparents again (2nd one) and we are having a GREAT July 4th weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Congratulations, Tomfive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts