Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I like that. 👍 They should come standard with a light.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Great idea!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,092 Posts
I've been wanting to do this as well. Seems like it should be built in to the dash (along with a real fuel gauge). We have a light for the parking brake though... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah, never understood the whole no 4wd indication. I'm constantly reaching down pushing or pulling on the lever to check the status of 4wd as I forget what state it's in. I'm guaranteed to do that at least once before taking off with the mower to make sure I'm not about to tear up the lawn in 4wd.

It would be kinda neat if someone came up with a aftermarket "kit" to do like you did complete with a LED indicator light. I'm sure it would be popular.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well
I was also disappointed that a $15,000 lawn tractor did not have a 4wd indicator light.
But.
The main reason, is to not tear up my lawn from forgetting it is in 4wd.
Especially my 15 year old and wife, I do it myself so I can not bark too loud when they do.
I had the floor board up because the bell crank broke on my break lever, another post of mine on this forum, so while I had it apart and waiting, may as well order the light and switch.
E bay for thoose interested
The bracket was a 4 square cover used to cover 4 square boxes in the electrical industry.
Cut and bent up the cover to meet the lever.
Bolted it to the holes already there on the fender support.
I used the red positive feed of the quick connect below the blinker switch, using a easy tap electrical connector.
This was not used on my 1025r.

I made my own ground using the back engine block bolt holding a wire loop bracket.
Grease all electrical eyelets and taps.
Thanks to all

·
Registered
452 Posts
I used the red positive feed of the quick connect below the blinker switch, using a easy tap electrical connector.
Oh no, don't use those horrible pieces of crap! They damage the wire strands and also allow moisture to get in under the insulation although in this case you alleviated that problem with grease. I wish those pacman splices were never invented, people sometimes don't realize the damage they do and the future headaches they're asking for.

I'd cut that wire and splice it correctly then seal it with dual wall adhesive heat shrink.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
when i had my 1025's i used that hot wire behind the cowel on the left side to power my relay for my salt spreader. I just used a flat spade end and plugged into it. That hot wire is for the independant lift for the mower.
I agree with dixie460 that those wire taps are not a good thing. they can lead to trouble down the road. At least inside that area should be out of the weather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well
If they didn't try to save 5 cents by NOT making the wire loom a couple 3 to 5 inches longer, I would have stripped and soldered it.
But hey, they gotta make money somehow.
Yes, thoose taps are not the best, however it is located out of the elements and is accessible if need be down the road.
I will try harder next time.
Thinking .....
Radio ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts