Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there has been some discussion stating that a Cabbed 4x20 with R4's will fit in an 8' Door....True or False?

Those of you with cabbed 4x20's....what Tires do you have and what is the actual height?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
With R1's, the answer is no and I am 4 inches off from getting in my trimmed out home 8' door. With the trim my door is 1.5 inches short of 8'.

I have to guess mine is 98.5 inches tall with the tire weights and ballast box on the back.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Deere doesn't have specs posted on their site? I knew my 2520 could go in an 8' door with the ROPS in the up postion before I bought it. About and 1" to spare now that is close.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deere doesn't have specs posted on their site? I knew my 2520 could go in an 8' door with the ROPS in the up postion before I bought it. About and 1" to spare now that is close.:thumbup1gif:
Not for the height....I thought they used to :dunno:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
With a 2x4 across the top of the cab, my 4520 with R4s measures 94.5" at the rear axel (which looks like where the peak of the cab roof is).

So it's a measure your8' door, see what the _real_ clearance is, be sure your garage door goes all the way up and nothing hangs down, if you have an incline into the garage that will affect things.

The rule here is never put in an 8' door. There are 8' 6" doors that are just a bit more, and then everything in CUT land fits.

Pete

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rule here is never put in an 8' door. There are 8' 6" doors that are just a bit more, and then everything in CUT land fits.

Pete
Yeah, as of right now i'm leaning towards an 8'6" door like you said.......I'd like to know what the Next Gen 4x series Cab height would be...

·
Registered
382 Posts
My 3520 with the smaller R4s would fit through my shed's 8foot door, without issue. With the Turf Specials 41x18LL-16.1, R3 on the rear, my unit is ~90" at the top of the CAB., and rubs going in an out of my door. I finally wised up and added some rubber to the door, so it would stop scratching my cab's top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts