Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
17,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 455 has this extra hardware on it, is/was this part of the JD 3PH kit? If not any idea what is was for?

455 rear 3PH.jpg

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Attached is a PDF of the JDParts page on the 3-pt attachment kit for the 4x5 tractors from PC 2351. It does not seem to show those large cast parts at the top near the rockshaft...

The lower angles (parts 9 and 11 in the diagram) do look familiar though...
View attachment 3 point from Parts Catalog 2351- Frame 5.pdf

Note that the rockshaft for a 3-pt is substantially different and has a larger diameter. Similar differences were evident on my 2004 x495 -- when I looked at it at the cemetery that was selling it, they had another used x495 without the 3-point also for sale. I decided on this one because I could buy the high-hour tractor for $1800 and know that most of the issues were cosmetic...the AWS and the diesel drivetrain were dealer serviced and in great condition. Here is picture of the rear of that tractor:
3 point and load lifter detail view.jpg

Chuck

OOPS -- should have used this larger resolution image...that is a limited CAT-1 setup, but I think the rockshaft is the same on the CAT-0.
may 13, 2012 005.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Those are definitely not part of the 3 point hitch kit. Basically you will have a different rockshaft from the standard that's on your 455 now, the lower arms (which is the same across the board on JD cat 0 3 point hitches, the lift arm assemblies (probably the same across the JD board), the top link (standard), and the lower arm mounts. Ruegg Manufacturing makes a great 3 point hitch. You can find them on ebay or at their web site: Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors

·
Administrator
17,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...
I'm not real interested in getting a 3PH (now anyway) since I have the larger CUT, I was just curious what these might have been for.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Those are parts for a bagger. There was a few different models of bagger for the 4x5 machines. Not sure which one it is for though.

Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts