Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
New prices are fullretard....you did good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I wouldn't pay for it until you can lay your hands on it. Scams are in full swing this time of the year. Unless you know this guy and feel the add is legitimate beware, if it sounds like too good of a deal it may be a scam. Pictures of equipment can be found and copied into a for sale add and be nonexistent. How far away is the box blade and how was it advertised?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wouldn't pay for it until you can lay your hands on it. Scams are in full swing this time of the year. Unless you know this guy and feel the add is legitimate beware, if it sounds like too good of a deal it may be a scam. Pictures of equipment can be found and copied into a for sale add and be nonexistent. How far away is the box blade and how was it advertised?
Absolutely! Pay upon receipt... I committed to buy IF it is as advertised and not damaged, bent, broken / cracked etc. Some honest wear is expected...

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
I like to talk to the guy on the phone not some email chain. That way I can get a good impression of him. If he’s not willing to do that then he can pound sand. But that’s just me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I like to talk to the guy on the phone not some email chain. That way I can get a good impression of him. If he’s not willing to do that then he can pound sand. But that’s just me.
Perhaps, but I'd rather look the man in the eye... Plus I have a written record of our discussion / agreement. If all is not as it should be I walk and am only out the drive up.

Reactions: Kbar and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
Perhaps, but I'd rather look the man in the eye... Plus I have a written record of our discussion / agreement. If all is not as it should be I walk and am only out the drive up.
Well of course I’d do that AFTER we talked on the phone before I made a trip

Reactions: trav and SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,665 Posts
No wonder you won't take my calls..............

Regarding the OP's post and photo's, Curious where the 3ph mount pins went on the box blade.......and that's some wear on the scarifiers for "a little use".........Of course, my box blade has only seen a little use....with 120 tons of cruished aggregate spread to build a now 1,100 foot long road........

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
No wonder you won't take my calls..............

Regarding the OP's post and photo's, Curious where the 3ph mount pins went on the box blade.......and that's some wear on the scarifiers for "a little use".........Of course, my box blade has only seen a little use....with 120 tons of cruished aggregate spread to build a now 1,100 foot long road........
I bet the pins had QH bushings on them that the seller is keeping. For $400 @cparktd can buy new pins and still have a good deal.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,665 Posts
I bet the pins had QH bushings on them that the seller is keeping. For $400 @cparktd can buy new pins and still have a good deal.
My point in mentioning it is when the buyer gets home and backs up with his tractor to pick up the box blade....well,....I doubt he has the spare pins at home so maybe he should grab some on the pick up of the blade trip..........It appears the 3ph pins the bushing slide over are missing............

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well, he was a super nice guy.
Box blade was even better then expected.
Both cutting blades are mint condition and the ripping teeth are very very good as well... They are not worn like the photo seems to show, thats just the rust pattern from sitting on the ground for a couple years. The guy has a family landscaping business and his Grandfather bought the blade at some point they only used it twice he says... that may equate to two "jobs" or a mile long driveway repair however. He has a skid steer and a shed full of attachments for it they use. He used it with some forks to set it in my truck. I can unload with my front end loader. It's just has surface rust where the paint is off. No, no pins with it but I think the pins from my tiller will work just fine. I may get to try it out tomorrow on a short driveway rehab for a family member.
I'm calling this one a win!
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,671 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: cparktd

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well, he was a super nice guy.
Box blade was even better then expected.
Both cutting blades are mint condition and the ripping teeth are very very good as well... They are not worn like the photo seems to show, thats just the rust pattern from sitting on the ground for a couple years. The guy has a family landscaping business and his Grandfather bought the blade at some point they only used it twice he says... that may equate to two "jobs" or a mile long driveway repair however. He has a skid steer and a shed full of attachments for it they use. He used it with some forks to set it in my truck. I can unload with my front end loader. It's just has surface rust where the paint is off. No, no pins with it but I think the pins from my tiller will work just fine. I may get to try it out tomorrow on a short driveway rehab for a family member.
I'm calling this one a win!
Thanks guys.
You got a great deal, congratulations! My 5' box blade is 40 years old and if I was selling it, I would want at least $400 or more.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Congratulations @cparktd on getting a great deal on a nice attachment.

Reactions: cparktd

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
Nice score! Glad everything worked out

21 - 40 of 41 Posts