Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I obtained a 5' Competitor by Modern Rotary Mower early last year as a trade for a bicycle. Thought I came out with a good deal but honestly it is too heavy for my SCUT 1025r. I have to have the FEL on and a good scoop of dirt to offset, even then turning can be a challenge. Anyone know what one of these would go for in price? It is in working order and the PTO shaft is newer probably 2 years old by guess. It has a laminated wheel and it is in good condition too. I can not locate any model or serial numbers, the gear housing is badly rusted and pitted.

I am considering the idea of trading it off for a smaller implement, I don't have a lot of need for a mower like this since most of my mowing can be done with the 54D. However, if I was helping a friend I can see the benefit of having a Rotary or Flail mower.

I can not get the picture to post, so here is a link to my Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0io3t1yynb0qk04/2014-07-07%2018.22.57.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Wow, that thing is made like a tank! Very reminiscent of the rear blade I just sold for $100. I can see why you are having trouble steering and so forth, just due to the heft of that bugger.

Unfortunately, the used market for rotary mowers, even as heavy duty as this one, is pretty low dollar. I might ask $4-$500 bucks for it on craigslist and see what kind of responses you get. I would, however, wait to put it for sale until late spring/early summer. When the need arises, the farmers and land owners will be scouring the net for these.

Just my $.02.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
"Competitor" is the model. I found a couple via Google that are either up for sale or sold recently and $550-$675 seems to be the going rate for the 5' used.

btw, "Modern Rotary Mower" is made by Modern AG Equipment Inc.

Reactions: 5304

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Prices you have gotten are probably pretty good. I paid $500 a few years ago for a 48" county line/king kutter (from tractor supply) that was mint with about 10 hours of use. I do know that in my area, it is always amazing to me how much $ will buy junk, at least in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5304 and 636mullet

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts