Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performed the first 50hr service on the 3032e today, I have 64hrs on the tractor and totally forgot I was supposed to swap the oil out at the 50hr mark lol. Was extremely easy, and straight forward, filters popped right off by hand, took about an hour total.

Im glad I only have to do it every 400hrs now as it was fairly expensive (the oil was on sale for $70 per 5 gal bucket). Manual says to clean suction screen, but I could not figure out where it was located, only place I could figure it being is on the bottom of the axle where the thick tube runs up to the big filter, I didnt remove the housing to find out, after a couple quick searches I guess its not equipped with one?

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
Performed the first 50hr service on the 3032e today, I have 64hrs on the tractor and totally forgot I was supposed to swap the oil out at the 50hr mark lol. Was extremely easy, and straight forward, filters popped right off by hand, took about an hour total.

Im glad I only have to do it every 400hrs now as it was fairly expensive (the oil was on sale for $70 per 5 gal bucket). Manual says to clean suction screen, but I could not figure out where it was located, only place I could figure it being is on the bottom of the axle where the thick tube runs up to the big filter, I didnt remove the housing to find out, after a couple quick searches I guess its not equipped with one?
What is the S/N of your 3032E? According to the latest Operator's Manual the newer machines have a spin-on suction filter instead of a suction screen. So as long as you changed TWO hydraulic filters you should be good to go (see diagram from manual below).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent 30 mins at the dealer parts counter with the parts guy looking for it on the deere parts software and he couldnt find it either, his tech "thought" it had one but wasnt 100% sure lol. I searched google while i was waiting on it to drain and couldnt find much on that series about actually having one despite the manual saying to clean the suction screen. Guess that was one of the minor things that was overlooked when they updated the manual for the new 3E series. Either way, it was one less thing I had to do during the change so its a win in my book! lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
So you changed two spin on filters then?????

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
I spent 30 mins at the dealer parts counter with the parts guy looking for it on the deere parts software and he couldnt find it either, his tech "thought" it had one but wasnt 100% sure lol.
That's pretty scary for information coming from the dealer. I went back and read through all the 3032E manuals on the JD website, including the earliest version for S/N 010001-609999 and the export version and none of them mention a suction screen. They all show changing a spin-on suction filter.

I searched google while i was waiting on it to drain and couldnt find much on that series about actually having one despite the manual saying to clean the suction screen. Guess that was one of the minor things that was overlooked when they updated the manual for the new 3E series. Either way, it was one less thing I had to do during the change so its a win in my book! lol
So you actually have a manual that mentions a suction screen in the maintenance section? Does it have an issue number or copyright date?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty scary for information coming from the dealer. I went back and read through all the 3032E manuals on the JD website, including the earliest version for S/N 010001-609999 and the export version and none of them mention a suction screen. They all show changing a spin-on suction filter.

So you actually have a manual that mentions a suction screen in the maintenance section? Does it have an issue number or copyright date?

I just pulled mine out, and it does not mention a first 50HR maintenance schedule, so I guess the internet just did me dirty! (i cant imagine them changing the transaxle to much from 2014-2019 though) lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reading the OM it states a suction filter and a HST filter. No suction screen per se. Per J's post above, if you changed both filters you are good to go. And 64 hours versus 50 hours, no big deal. I don't always hit the target exactly.

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts

I just pulled mine out, and it does not mention a first 50HR maintenance schedule, so I guess the internet just did me dirty! (i cant imagine them changing the transaxle to much from 2014-2019 though) lol
The question wasn't the 50 hr service as we know JD has been removing that service interval from a lot of manuals. We were wondering if you had a manual that actually mentioned cleaning a suction "screen". I could not find one.

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
Reading the OM it states a suction filter and a HST filter. No suction screen per se. Per J's post above, if you changed both filters you are good to go. And 64 hours versus 50 hours, no big deal. I don't always hit the target exactly.
I'm still not sure what manual the OP has. Like a lot of other tractor models, the 50 hr transmission service has been removed from the 3032E manual for quite some time. Below are all the serial number ranges for the 3032E manuals with the transmission service interval noted to the right. I'm wondering if the OP was going by information he found on-line rather than what was in the manual.

It's also odd that the manuals prior to HJ- and KL- mention a suction screen when I can find no evidence in JD Parts that the 3032E ever had a suction screen. Confusing to say the least.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The question wasn't the 50 hr service as we know JD has been removing that service interval from a lot of manuals. We were wondering if you had a manual that actually mentioned cleaning a suction "screen". I could not find one.
I dont have a manual that says that, i just posted the link to the 3032e manual i was using off line that called for cleaning the suction screen, replacing filter and fluid, the manual that came with the tractor just says filters and fluid at the 400 hr mark

This is what I was looking at:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still not sure what manual the OP has. Like a lot of other tractor models, the 50 hr transmission service has been removed from the 3032E manual for quite some time. Below are all the serial number ranges for the 3032E manuals with the transmission service interval noted to the right. I'm wondering if the OP was going by information he found on-line rather than what was in the manual.

It's also odd that the manuals prior to HJ- and KL- mention a suction screen when I can find no evidence in JD Parts that the 3032E ever had a suction screen. Confusing to say the least.

View attachment 727511
It is confusing, they probably had it in there not realizing that model never had one then removed it once they realized the mistake lol The manual that came with the tractor does not mention a suction screen though, I was using a 3032e manual I found online and it was from an older model 3032e.

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
It is confusing, they probably had it in there not realizing that model never had one then removed it once they realized the mistake lol The manual that came with the tractor does not mention a suction screen though, I was using a 3032e manual I found online and it was from an older model 3032e.
I wish I could say what you encountered was uncommon but it seems a lot of the manuals have info that is simply copied from previous manuals. It certainly doesn't help when the dealer is unable to help clear the fog. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting. This has been bothering me since I did my 50 hour change and not being able to find the suction screen on my 2017 3032E. My manual said there was a screen, also. I'm glad I did the 50. The fluid had a green tint to it and wasn't very clear. 349 hours now and the replacement fluid is still clear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But the question no one seemed to answer directly...did you change BOTH filters (HST and suction)? If you did, I missed the answer, I apologize.
I changed both filters when I did mine, I posted links to the 2014 manual that says replace filter and oil, and clean suction screen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts