Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
2 weeks ago I made the mistake of running my tractor dry. After the walk back to the barn to get fuel the engine would turn over , fire with difficulty, run 10-20 seconds and stall out. After a few attempts I figured I picked up sediment from the empty tank. Replaced the fuel filter, no better. My neighbor came over and took off the fuel line, blew it out with his air compressor and it started up! However, the idle had previously been exactly at 900 and now it was at 780. Also there is a definite loss of hp, almost stalled out with a roll of hay on the front end. Any suggestions? I’m guessing one or more fuel injectors are partially clogged. Tractor has 3 cylinder Yanmar Diesel, about 800 hours, bought new in 2012. Any ideas on best way to proceed?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
JD 5045E has a JD 179 CID(2.9L)engine not a Yanmar engine. My guess is foreign material is blocking line from tank to inj pump or there's air in that same line

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Did you bleed the injectors? One might be air locked.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes, I agree with the last post. You'll need to bleed the fuel system, including both primary and secondary filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts