Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run it with the regen turned off. My lights stays on and it represents regen and the exhaust temp to hot. So if it’s exhaust temp to hot would it go off when I turn the regen off. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
268 Posts
Why not just let the regen do it’s thing until it is done?

Reactions: 1010

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first Time having regen on a tractor. With the light indicating two different things who can I tell which one it is doing. Regen or exhaust to hot

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Refer to your manual for what the lights are indicating. An Active Regen should request you move the throttle to 1500 RPM. A Parked Regen will have different setup requirements for it to complete.

Once the Regen process starts, you should not cancel or disable it unless you’re in a condition that is not suited for a high temperature exhaust. My 4044R requested an Active Regen when the Soot level stayed at 77%. The indicator came on and it requested the RPM be set to 1500. I raised it to 2000. The manual states it can take 45 minutes to complete the Regen process, but mine only took about 20 minutes to drop the Soot level to 0%. But, check your manual. It will explain what to do, although it won’t answer all you questions I’m sure. I was unsure about the process until it did it’s first Regen. Now it’s apparent it takes care of itself with minimal involvement from you. From what I understand, continually disabling the Regen will lead to bigger problems and the manual will explain that.

Hope it helps,

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
first Time having regen on a tractor. With the light indicating two different things who can I tell which one it is doing. Regen or exhaust to hot
Sorry, i reread your question. Is the indicator light you see like the picture? If so, that is telling you that it needs to perform if the RPM is below 1500, or is performing if the RPM is above 1500, an Active Regen and the exhaust temperature will be higher than normal to burn up the accumulated soot from the filter. You can still continue to use the tractor for whatever task you were doing. Once the Active Regen process is completed, the indicator light will go out.

Attachments

Reactions: mcavvie

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can manually turn off all regens
You can refuse to do the parked regen (This happens after you turn off Automatic regens too much) and the tractor must sit at >2000rpm and you can be using no functions - no PTO - Parking brake set etc

Once you get past all that the tractor goes into limp mode, won't do a damn thing and then this:

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! If operator disregards indicators and continues to operate machine without allowing a parked regeneration, engine performance is reduced and machine function limited. A recovery regeneration procedure by a John Deere dealer is required.

So, basically, then you have to cart your tractor to the dealer and pay them to do the regen for you

Now, to help with your problem - yes, the tractor exhaust gets real hot when doing the regens (approx 600c) and the warning light comes on at 450c
We all have to stop a regen from time to time, just be prepared to do one when you start the tractor next time, as they won't go away - the government has made sure of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts