Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2014 5055e. At 350 hours the clutch started slipping. I took it to the dealership they kept it for over a month. When I went to pick it up, they told me it was an adjustment. As he realized what he said he corrected himself and said "Lots of adjustments". Now at 450 hours of use its slipping again. The clutch pedal is also grabbing and then releasing. When this happens the PTO lever jumps a little. The tractors main use is loading and unloading round bales. Before this I had a NO tc55. It had over 2000 hrs with no clutch issues. I'm confident it's not caused by me. The dealership is telling me to adjust it myself. My questions are 1.Is it normal to have to adjust a clutch every 100hrs? 2. Has anyone else had this problem? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You don't need to adjust the clutch that often. Something is wrong, and needs to be found. Adjusting the clutch sounds like a bandaid fix and not the real solution.
More alarming, than the clutch issue, is the dealership's (repeated) quick answer to adjust the clutch. They should be delving further into it, instead of passing it off to the owner.

I could see a new, inexperienced owner tearing a clutch up in under 500 hours. For that matter, you can toast a clutch in 2 minutes, if you wanted to. It sounds like you know how to use a tractor, especially if you used your NH for 2000 hours without issue. It sounds like the dealer is thinking it is user-induced, and stopping there.

Reactions: 56FordGuy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When this issue first started, they sent a tech down to look at it. He said it definitely had a problem and there was no way he could fix it in the field. He said the vibration that was happening was not right at all. Sorry, this is a part of the story I forgot to mention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
5055e Clutch goes out all at once.

Sorry I can't help chaploneywj but I have a 2011 5055e and the clutch went out all at once with only 420 hours on it. No slippage before while using, shut it off, start it up, push in clutch, try to put it in gear and no clutch! Took it to the dealer in Princetown WV and after$3,400. I got it back. They told me they put a heavy duty in this time and it would last a long time. The tractor has 540 hours on it now and the clutch just did the same exact thing. I know i didn't over work it. Contacted them and no warranty because it's been over a year. It did the exact same thing and I'm wondering should I let them fix it again or haul it to North Carolina to another dealer and hope they will find the root of the problem? I don't have the money or time to keep replacing the clutch every 120 hours!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Tell us a little bit about how you use the tractor. Do you operate on hills a lot? do you coast frequently? Is this your first tractor? and what tranny do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your questions.

Use Tractor to mow 30+ acres on real hilly ground. Bush Hog296. Some for moving rocks. Never coast. 3rd JD but first E series. Transmission is A,B,&C Range with 4 gears. Not mechanically inclined at all just to let you know. I decided to take the Tractor to Mt. Airy NC. They were a lot cheaper, a JD dealer but a long way. I went to load Tractor expecting to have to put it in gear without a clutch and what do you think happened, the clutch worked. I called to tell the service Manager that it was working and he said the linkage was probably stuck some where??????? This is the same exact thing it did before. I have to wonder if it ever needed a clutch? Anyway I sure hope it doesn't do it again but I have my doubts. I really would like to know what is happening? Thanks for any input.
Tell us a little bit about how you use the tractor. Do you operate on hills a lot? do you coast frequently? Is this your first tractor? and what tranny do you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.