Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to replace the brake light switch on my 2014 open station 5055e and I had a look at how to gain access.

After removing 4 screws to release the centre plate below the instrument cluster and then 4 more (2 on each side) to release the side pieces that surround the instrument cluster, I am stuck.

There is movement but I feel like these panels are still fixed in place either by clips or more screws that I cannot locate?

Anyone who has ever torn down this area have any tips? The pics show the assembled panel and then the screws I can see when I lift the hood.

Thanks in advance. Luke

·
Registered
193 Posts
Recently took off surround on 2012 5065E. remove the 4 phillips screws and panel above the fuse box. I believe there were 2 screws in the lower edge hidden by that panel. Lift bottom edge up (steering shaft rubber grommet will be a bit in the way) The upper edge had 2 plastic Tabs A into Slot B, if i remember correctly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That makes sense. I will have a look and report back. Thank you.

UPDATE: Just had a look and while this model doesn't have the screws you mention, it has some sort of clip that holds the two halves together at the top. It is really hard to access (under hood) so I need to figure out how to get in there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You should be able to remove the left panel without removing that screw. After left panel is removed, that screw is easy access to remove the right panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts