Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I recently bought the 5065E after being a MF man for many years. I really like this tractor and only hope it holds up as well as my Massey's have.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good info Couv. I will be watching my 3-point lift. I had heard some had problems and the dealer fixed them. I still think you may have an issue worth talking to the dealer about. To me a tractor is useless unless the 3-point works flawlessly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My dealer's CS rep lives across the highway from me. He told me EVERY one of the "E" series tractors that dealership delivered has failed at some point in the rear 3pt valve. Some in warranty, some out of warranty.

By now, JD should know the Serial Number Range, up to the point where they learned to leave off the aforementioned gasket. (If that is the real problem). Any "E" series sold prior to the magic serial number should be disassembled, repaired, and then delivered to the new owner. Seems that would actually save the Factory and the Dealer $$$'s in the long run.

As I said, I am disappointed in JD. Are they just waiting, and hoping your unit will not fail until it is out of warranty ?
Hummmm, my neighbor has a 5065 also. He bought it about three years ago. He said he never had a 3-point issue when I asked him. Sounds like the problem started after his serial number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.