Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All !

My 5065 E will not turn over. Absolutely nothing when I turn the key. Battery is 100% and cables are tight. Ran it last weekend. Has 590 hours on it and is always stored inside. Any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
13,768 Posts
Have you tried bypassing the seat switch. Disconnect the switch and put a jumper wire in wiring connector.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Try disconnecting the cold start sensor, replace fuse and see if it will start. Wires connect to injection pump to the thermostat housing. Check the post 5065e cold weather a few post down. hasa location drawing for sensor.

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Try disconnecting the cold start sensor, replace fuse and see if it will start. Wires connect to injection pump to the thermostat housing. Check the post 5065e cold weather a few post down. hasa location drawing for sensor.
What I was going to suggest too! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check the cold temperature sensor. It is in the water jacket on the left hand side of the engine, front of the engine near the belt. Behind the injection pump but not on the injection pump. Unplug oval 2-wire plug from tractor harness.

Replace the fuse box fuse. Try to start. If your unit starts, that sensor is bad. You can run with that unplugged (tape up the connector), however unit will burn a bit more fuel per hour.

Where are you located ? I am in Louisiana, so needing a sensor for 10 degree or less starts was not a bif deal to me. The sensor is about $ 45

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts