Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 100 hrs on this machine and the clutch is way too jumpy making it very difficult to operate. Has anyone came up with a fix for this? I've seen where other people has had the same problems with this series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2018 with the a,b,c, 1-2-3-4 trans, with power reverser. Not real sure what the trans is called I'll have to find the book.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've had this problem with a New Holland T155. Part of it was a sensor (17&18) on the clutch pedal, the more you press the clutch the more it tells the tractor to clutch, it's electronic in other words. here is a JD diagram of an open station clutch pedal, you need to make sure this (serial #) fits your tractor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You don't really have a clutch in the old fashioned sense. Your pedal is connected to an electrical sensor. Engagement of the power reverser is modulated by the position and SPEED of the clutch pedal. Have you checked the hydraulic level ? transmission Oil filter ? It's supposed to be changed at 100 hours. And finally … Do you have a shuttle control knob ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got the shuttle control lever. It's due for service but it's been this way since new.
There is a optional knob for controlling sensitivity for the power reverser shift. There was a picture here recently i believe it was JROC had one mounted on the dash.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Okay, since we've got past the minor details that can be easily checked ... Have you checked with the dealer about this ? I believe the engagement can be modified in the ECM parameters. But that requires tech access.

·
Registered
185 Posts
heres the pic at the bottom

·
Registered
234 Posts
There is a optional knob for controlling sensitivity for the power reverser shift. There was a picture here recently i believe it was JROC had one mounted on the dash.
Yeah but that just controls the speed/firmness of the shift when going from F to R and vice versa without clutching it manually. It doesn't control the engagement of the clutch when using it manually.

The clutch on my 5075E is great. Getting on it after operating one of my parents old tractors is night and day. So much softer and smoother on my JD. One of the few complaints on my Camaro SS 1LE is when starting from a standstill the clutch is a little on/off with not much inbetween like a race clutch, just much softer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts