Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5065E with 650 hours. When I move the bucket/front end loader the 3 point lift on the back drops, with or without a load. I have changed the fluid, filter and cleaned the screen. I asked about this problem at the John Deere Dealer and they said this shouldn't happen because the 2 pumps are not connected. Not sure they knew what they were talking about. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
Has this happened since new? I almost have to agree with the dealer here, the two systems are not really directly connected-except by maybe the Power Beyond lines but that should not matter. This is a strange issue for sure.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Welcome to GTT
If 3 pt drops when FEL valve is activated indicates that something in 3 pt circuit is leaking internally. Does 5065E have draft control? My knowledge of newer JD tractors built since '92 is limited so can someone please explain how the 2 systems(FEL & 3 pt) aren't connected because it's my understanding they utilize the same hyd pump?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome to GTT
If 3 pt drops when FEL valve is activated indicates that something in 3 pt circuit is leaking internally. Does 5065E have draft control? My knowledge of newer JD tractors built since '92 is limited so can someone please explain how the 2 systems(FEL & 3 pt) aren't connected because it's my understanding they utilize the same hyd pump?
5065E does have draft control.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The power beyond that feeds the loader valve comes out of the rear end housing where the 3pt connects. I don't know how they could possibly be on different pumps because the only other pump on the machine is the power steering and brakes low-pressure one.

I've never used draft control on my machine, but it would lift when resistance is felt. Do you have an implement on the back for ballast?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts