Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my MX8 3pt hitch shredder on it will not hold the hydraulic height setting, say a 3, when I cut my pasture grass. When I turned around, the next pass would be lower even though my height lever stays put at the 3. Found from trial, if when I turn around, I push down then all the way up then down to the 3 and go, it’ll cut level but have to do that every turn. If not, it drops. Also with the shredder on the brakes after a while will go to zero and if I raise my front end loader bucket, it’ll skip-skip-skip.

I drained the oil, pulled the screen and cleaned it, refilled etc and still is happening. If I take the shredder off, I don’t lose my brakes. Been using it for other things last several days without MX8 and brakes are fine. I always check the fluid levels and been to John Deere but not fixed.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. David

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Semi-mounted, full-mounted, or pull behind cutter? is it your 3pt dropping or the mower?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sounds as if hyd oil is leaking at RS control valve or RS piston causing oil to heat allowing 3 pt to lower. Simple repair would be to add chains that would limit lowering height similar to rooster comb with chains utilized on older tractors such as a Ford 8N.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Is the 3pt leaking down or the wheels on the mower?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the 3pt leaking down or the wheels on the mower?
"When cut height is close I prefer to run on the wheels so not carrying all the weight on the hyd system, but seems to drop at the front, because
the back can't due to the wheels keeping it up."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts