Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 2014 5065E with Power reverser trans and EPTO, when throttle lever is all the way down engine idles around 1000 rpm, could someone explain how to adjust idle down to 850 rpm. This is non emissions tractor. Also do you think linkage could be out of adjustment.

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
Your manual says the idle should be 900 rpm +/- 10 rpm.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tx Jim,
I dont remember seeing that setup, is that pictice or adjustment on the injection pump. Ive got a stanadye rotary pump. Not able to look at the tractor.

coaltrain,
I have a 2013 repair manual not for a 2014 P/R tractor, thanks for the correct idle speed.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
is it mechanical or electronic injection?

Reactions: PJR832 and pcabe5

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
OK - I have to ask - is there really an issue here? Idling at around 1000 rpm isn’t far off from the manual spec. The dash tach could be off that much (1000 rpm vs. 900 rpm).

Without looking it up I think the spec for my 2520 is 970 rpm. According to the tach it idles at around 1050 rpm. Just not an issue in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Tx Jim,
I dont remember seeing that setup, is that pictice or adjustment on the injection pump. Ive got a stanadye rotary pump. Not able to look at the tractor.

coaltrain,
I have a 2013 repair manual not for a 2014 P/R tractor, thanks for the correct idle speed.
I think the adjustment screws will be on IP next to engine block

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe consider why you want to idle the engine? Standard practice is to start the engine with the throttle a good bit open, work it mostly wide open or at least nearly full throttle, and only idle before shutting it off after its been worked hard, but even then 1000 rpm is plenty low. Maybe your setup is just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts