Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on this forum they are made in India? I bought a 4wd one with loader brand new this last week and it says on the frame cereal tag made in Waterloo. I cut and baled 30 acres it is a very good piece. I had a 5210, and a 3043d before and I like how easy this loader comes off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All JD 5e series are assembled in Grovetown, GA. If you go to deere.com and look up manuals, enter your series you will see "made in India" for both the CAB/OOS versions. I have two friends that work in the JD Plant in Grovetown and I used to live about 2 miles from the plant.

·
Super Moderator
6,828 Posts
If you go to the Deere web site and look up the 5065E and scroll to the bottom of the specifications you'll note that it says:
Country of manufacturePune, India

If you look up the 5075E it says:
Country of manufactureSub assembly in Pune, India, Final assembly in Augusta, GA

If you look up the 5090E it says:
Country of manufactureAugusta, GA (USA)

·
Super Moderator
6,828 Posts
btw, if you're seeing "Waterloo" on a tag you're probably looking at the engine tag. The PowerTech engines used in the 5E machines are built in the Waterloo plant.

·
Super Moderator
6,828 Posts
Does it look like this tag off of a 5045E?

That doesn't say it was assembled in Moline. It was "Assembled in the USA" by John Deere of Moline IL.

Moline is where Deere's corp HQ are located but the tractor was assembled in the Augusta GA plant using sub assemblies built in India.

·
Super Moderator
6,828 Posts
Looks like the 5E machines are being assembled in BOTH locations.

If you go to tractorhouse.com and look at the serial numbers for 5065E machines up for sale, the older (circa 2010-2014) machines all have serial numbers that start with "1PY" which indicates they were built by "John Deere India Private Limited (Pune)"

Starting around 2015 you start seeing serial numbers that start with "1LV" which indicates "John Deere Augusta Works".

But there are still 2015 thru 2020 machines listed with "1PY" serial numbers too.

Other than the serial numbers I don't see any obvious differences between the machines listed. (They both come in OOS or Cab. They can have either Shuttle Shift or Power Reverser transmissions, etc...)

Reactions: Zebrafive
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.