Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014-5065E (Cab) will sometimes not go into gear. You can continue to move (Slam) the Gear Shift for 20-30 minutes and usually get it into gear. Once it starts, it will continue to work all right until you shut it off for the day and come back to it the next day. Then, the problem starts all over again. JD said it was probably the "Park Switch" (RE12411) which is a position sensor. The tractor still thinks it is in "Park" and will not come out of Park.
This switch is located on the top of the transmission underneath the cab. My question is: Does anyone here know the procedure to get to this switch to replace it without removing the cab?
Thank you,
Tommy in Georgia

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2014-5065E (Cab) will sometimes not go into gear. You can continue to move (Slam) the Gear Shift for 20-30 minutes and usually get it into gear. Once it starts, it will continue to work all right until you shut it off for the day and come back to it the next day. Then, the problem starts all over again. JD said it was probably the "Park Switch" (RE12411) which is a position sensor. The tractor still thinks it is in "Park" and will not come out of Park.
This switch is located on the top of the transmission underneath the cab. My question is: Does anyone here know the procedure to get to this switch to replace it without removing the cab?
Thank you,
Tommy in Georgia
What transmission do you have?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1,2,3,4 Gear and A-B-C w Shuttle Shift (F-N-R) on left side of Steering Wheel.

This switch (that I need to replace) is located on the top of the transmission underneath the cab. My question is: Does anyone here know the procedure to get to this switch to replace it without removing the cab?

·
Registered
757 Posts
1,2,3,4 Gear and A-B-C w Shuttle Shift (F-N-R) on left side of Steering Wheel.

This switch (that I need to replace) is located on the top of the transmission underneath the cab. My question is: Does anyone here know the procedure to get to this switch to replace it without removing the cab?
You need access to a service manual. Maybe if you start a new post asking if anyone has a manual in PDF form they could forward it to you. I'd be glad to if I had one.
Give specifics such as year and model.including cab.

·
Registered
826 Posts
So the gear shift you are slamming is the directional selector on the side of the column? Or are you slamming the gear selector? or are you slamming the range selector? That transmission is called a power reverser, a sync shuttle transmission is entirely different. It's more of a manual transmission. When you state "JD said" are you referring to your service dept personnel? I agree with letmgrow, you need the tech manuals for your tractor. That switch may or may not be your issue. Are there any access panels in the floor of your cab?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the gear shift you are slamming is the directional selector on the side of the column? Or are you slamming the gear selector? or are you slamming the range selector? That transmission is called a power reverser, a sync shuttle transmission is entirely different. It's more of a manual transmission. When you state "JD said" are you referring to your service dept personnel? I agree with letmgrow, you need the tech manuals for your tractor. That switch may or may not be your issue. Are there any access panels in the floor of your cab?
Slamming the Gear Shift Selector (1st thru 4 th) on the right side of the cab . Apparently the tractor still thinks it is in Park. I have tried moving all of the range selectors in the cab. The ( A-B-C) selector, the F-N-R selector located on the left side of the steering wheel where the blinkers are most of the time in a car and the PTO "E" selector located all the way to the rear, left side and back of the seat.

I got a Tech Manual today (450 Pages) and it says to remove the seat to route a new wiring harness and one of the hook ups goes to the switch which I suspect is the problem.is located under the drivers seat on the top of the Transmission. I am going to try that tomorrow.

One access panel in the floor under the floormat but only gives you access to the top of the fuel tank located under the front step of the tractor.

·
Registered
826 Posts
When my 5090 is in park the P lights up on the display. If that P is lit it doesn't matter if it is in F or R it won't move. So I see where that could be your issue. But I would think if what you think is correct you would have a P illuminated on your console.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When my 5090 is in park the P lights up on the display. If that P is lit it doesn't matter if it is in F or R it won't move. So I see where that could be your issue. But I would think if what you think is correct you would have a P illuminated on your console.
My tractor never has a "P" light up any where on the dash. Only an "N" ever will flash

·
Registered
826 Posts
Is it supposed to have one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts