Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum thing so bare with me. I just purchased three tractors none of which run. The first two are 5065M one is parts and the other one I think will run with a few parts. The third is a 5325 that will run with a few parts. So I started with the 5065M that I put a new fuel filter/primer pump and a few others small parts on. It will crank but won’t run. Where should I look first. I have fuel going through and smoke like it wants to start but won’t. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum thing so bare with me. I just purchased three tractors none of which run. The first two are 5065M one is parts and the other one I think will run with a few parts. The third is a 5325 that will run with a few parts. So I started with the 5065M that I put a new fuel filter/primer pump and a few others small parts on. It will crank but won’t run. Where should I look first. I have fuel going through and smoke like it wants to start but won’t. Any help would be appreciated.

How long has it been sitting? Might be a clogged fuel strainer in the fuel tank with algae.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Or maybe old fuel.

and btw, :ttiwwp:

Reactions: Georgia_Johndeere

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
How long has it been sitting? Might be a clogged fuel strainer in the fuel tank with algae.
What’s the history? Could the compression be low? I would imagine that you checked the air intake system already.

·
Registered
429 Posts
White smoke would typically indicate unburned or too much fuel. With that said if the cetane is too low it might not burn either. I would do a compression test on each cylinder and see what you have. Also I have hear the coolant sensor not being powered or bad can cause start issues.

Also I would recommend Power Service Clear-Diesel additive to the fuel to help clean the whole system out.

Are you glow plugs coming on at all?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Do you have good fuel flow from tank to Injectors. Good luck rebuilt inj pumps if needed from JD are $590 each with 5 used.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What parts do you think you'll need in order to make the 5065M run? That might help us direct you on possible repairs.

If you can add more detail to your situation, you have a better chance of getting a solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts