Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked to my disk today and one quick coupler wouldn't stay plugged in. quick connect isn't comin out far enough for the balls to lock around the male nipple. It's only one giving me trouble and it's the line with least amount of pressure, the down or ram in on cylinder.

Even with the nipple not in the coupler the inside isn't popping all the way back out. There was no trash it's clean.
It's like it's stuck. I just got the tractor and first time hooking up. Nipples are new too.:greentractorride::unknown:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Try putting some lube (like fluid film) on the retaining balls and ring, also try to press the poppet on the implement side (cover with a rag and be careful) to make sure there is no residual pressure in the lines.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah no pressure on the line. I could mash in the ball with my thumb. There was plenty of HYD fluid present for lubrication.
I couldn't pull the guts back out flush like the other QC.

I will look at it more today.
I did notice the other QC that is working correctly didn't have green paint on it like the one giving me problems.

It is a used tractor with less than 140 hours.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had to replace the female QC on the 5065E when it had about 50 hours on the tractor, Male end would no lock into the coupler. Got it under warrenty, looked at part and its made by Parker and the part number is stamped into the connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts