Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tractor is new, all pins in 7 pin connector do what they are supposed to do except the center pin. It should be hot. I have tried lights on and off, key on and off, engine on and off. Still no power. All fuses are intact, in place and plug is wired properly. I need power to run sprayer. The owners manual is useless. What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
There are 2 possible 7-pin connectors.

If you are talking about a connector on the front of the tractor then the center pin isn't used.

If you have a rear 7-pin connector then the center pin should be hot. I'm not sure if that lead has it's own in-line AUX fuse or not. That may be worth looking for. If it doesn't have one then I'd contact my dealer and have them send someone out to fix it.

Reactions: 4840450j

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
108 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but on my 6 series, pin 7 on the rear trailer connector receives power from the K06—Trailer Power Relay located in the cab load center. The load center also has a dedicated 30A Trailer Power Relay Fuse.

Both of these are shown in the operator's manual.

You might verify that both the relay and fuse provided for this trailer power are installed in your load center.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are 2 possible 7-pin connectors.

If you are talking about a connector on the front of the tractor then the center pin isn't used.

If you have a rear 7-pin connector then the center pin should be hot. I'm not sure if that lead has it's own in-line AUX fuse or not. That may be worth looking for. If it doesn't have one then I'd contact my dealer and have them send someone out to fix it.
Have traced wire into cab underneath fuse panel. No inline fuse. Will talk to dealer monday. I am hoping to resolve before monday. Thank you.
Not sure if this helps, but on my 6 series, pin 7 on the rear trailer connector receives power from the K06—Trailer Power Relay located in the cab load center. The load center also has a dedicated 30A Trailer Power Relay Fuse.

Both of these are shown in the operator's manual.

You might verify that both the relay and fuse provided for this trailer power are installed in your load center.
Thank you as well. I have confirmed fuse in panel is good and even though relay (labeled trailer) clicks when key is turned on, I swaped it out with another identical relay and confirmed it is good as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the connector which connects directly to the 7pin plug. No power here. The blurry connector at top of pic feeds this from fuse panel. No power at big connector either.
A17A6BCC-CF3B-415D-BE14-EEB3C0DB11AC.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it, I pierced the wire on the supply side of the big connector and found voltage. I’ll bypass that connector with a short wire and single plug connector.
66958C5B-8DE2-4DFC-BE5D-D85359F448C3.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts