Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New member and could use a little help with sizing snow blower to tractor (neither of which I own yet, but am ready to purchase once I nail down a couple details)

Looking at the 5 Series primarily for snow removal. Given the type of snow work I'll be doing I know I want rear-mount blower with front loader.

I think I've settled on the 5075E with the SB1194 blower.

Specs say blower requires 35-90 PTO HP.........tractor specs at 57 PTO HP.

On paper this seems compatible. Can anyone share some real-world experience or advice? Will this be sufficient power to make good use of the blower?

Thanks for any feedback,

TH

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 5085E with rear blower. works fine but reverse seems too fast in heavy snow. mine has 12 spd tranny. I am looking at trading mine in on a 5115R with 16spd now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 5085M 16 speed, with a Normand Inverted 92" blower. Most of the tine I run in B range and 2nd or 3rd, E540 PTO. I can run through 10" of snow with this setup no problems. If the snow gets wet, and deep I need to go standard 540PTO and slow down, so as to not plug the chute. In standard 540 PTO I can run down the road at over 4 MPH with 8-10" light snow no problem, but that is a little fast for driveways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts