Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed awhile back that there was a post with a list/recommendations for LED replacement bulbs for smaller JD’s. Does any such list/resource exist for a 5085M? I’ve attempted to research replacements on my own, and the more I look, the more confused I get. Eventually I would like to replace all of them, but right now I need replacements for the OEM spot/flood lights that are mounted on the fenders and ROPS. I know that they make sealed LED replacements for those, but they are $$$. I’d like to just try a bulb replacement if possible. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Do you know the number of the stock bulb your tractor is currently using?
I could probably cross reference that to a suitable bulb for ya.

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Most, including myself found LED replacement bulbs to be lacking in performance. The issue is not limited to the 5085M. It’s because the reflectors are designed for halogen bulbs. When I replaced mine the LED bulb “looked” brighter to my eye but the light never seemed to reach the ground.

I eventually ended up replacing the entire work light with a LED unit which worked much better.

Reactions: Ripsaw

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most, including myself found LED replacement bulbs to be lacking in performance. The issue is not limited to the 5085M. It’s because the reflectors are designed for halogen bulbs. When I replaced mine the LED bulb “looked” brighter to my eye but the light never seemed to reach the ground.

I eventually ended up replacing the entire work light with a LED unit which worked much better.
I guess the LED unit it is for the work lights at least. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know the number of the stock bulb your tractor is currently using?
I could probably cross reference that to a suitable bulb for ya.
I’ll probably go with the LED worklight units based on jgayman’s advice, but I’ll see what the other bulb #’s are (headlights, etc) and replace them. I’ll advise. Thanks.

Reactions: Toughsox
1 - 5 of 5 Posts