Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to submit a build sheet for the above mentioned tractor to my local dealer. Looking for opinions on the transmission choices Deere offers. 16F/16R is the base unit appears like. Anybody ever had bad experiences with this unit? Or should I select something different? Mainly I’ll be using this tractor in the hayfield...loader work will be limited to stacking rolls of hay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
5090M transmission

Like you, I did a lot of research before I ordered my 2018 5100m. I went with the 32x16 power reverser with hi/lo button. I also opted for the premium cab and upgraded air seat, triple mid and rear scv's with H310 loader. I have about 125 hours on tractor with zero issues. I love the speed selection of the 32/16, especially when doing tillage work in varying soil conditions. Good luck with your tractor! Hope to see pics when you take delivery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello
I have a 2015 5085M with about 700 hours on it. I have the 16/16 power reverser, with zero problems. Only thing I will get is the PowrReverser Modulation switch. This allows you to dial in the shift speed engagement. I do a lot of snow plowing and find that sometimes on ice, shift engagement is a little fast. I never find myself looking for a between gear, spacing on the 16/16 is fine for my work, haying and snow plowing. Get the three SCV's front and rear, you can never have enough.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well..went with the 5090M 32/16 OOS with MSL 540M. July delivery I’m told.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Deere 6000 series E, M, and R

Congrats! Now the wait begins. Mine took 4 1/2 months from order date to delivery from Augusta.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question: is there anyway to put 3rd function with the joystick toggle switch on the rear? Dealer said it was only a mid scv option? I think the toggle switch would work great for a disc mower...my 3046R has it..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have the 16/16....and it works great .....i am of the belief though that more gear options is better......i really like the Hi/low power shift on the older tractors ...and think the "on the fly" push button shift would be a good option....do hear its a possible knee bump shifter sometimes....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts