Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5101 blows fuse F01 as soon as switch turned on I’ve pulled dash and still blew fuse with everything else unplugged, where would you start searching for short? Drove it to park, cut off, got in next day and nothing

·
Registered
323 Posts
Does your tractor have the cold start sensor on it. From the injector pump to the thermostat housing? My 5320 was having the same issue blowing the start fuse. Unplugging this sensor and replacing the fuse one more time and it starts right up. I have purchased the new sensor but have not hooked it up yet. Not sure if this is your problem, but could be one more thing to trouble shoot. Good luck.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Does your tractor have the cold start sensor on it. From the injector pump to the thermostat housing? My 5320 was having the same issue blowing the start fuse. Unplugging this sensor and replacing the fuse one more time and it starts right up. I have purchased the new sensor but have not hooked it up yet. Not sure if this is your problem, but could be one more thing to trouble shoot. Good luck.
I'd bet your right on the money:good2:

See if this search link works, this has been discussed before a few times:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/gtsearch.php?q=cold start sensor

Reactions: JD 5093e and jd110

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys saved me, thanks. Have a bigger issue now, my dad, who turned 78 yesterday, called me and yesterday said he was going to move hay out of fields. He had 5101E, the 6210 at other location, and he called me and said he broke the tractor in half! Sure enough, went down this morning and the transmission housing, I think, is broke all the way around. Ever heard of that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am not sure how to post... but i have a John Deere 5093e that has the same problem. It was the "cold start advance sensor", this was disconnected, then replaced the ignition fuse and the tractor started right up. THANK YOU for the post, this saved me!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts