Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 5105 that is hard to start. I will turn over and start and then die, If I hold starter in it will keep running until I release starter. After doing this five or six times it will stay running. I've read some things on internet about the advanced timing feature might be failing, but I'm not blowing any fuses. After it is warmed up it starts just fine. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you using clean fresh diesel? Changed the fuel filters lately? How about check the fuel supply/return lines for cracks. Just becuase the lines aren't leaking doesn't mean they are not sucking air and losing prime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have changed fuel filter in the last month, Don't use tractor a lot so only put five gallons of diesel in at a time. Didn't think about the supply/return lines having small cracks, no leaks, but you are right they still could be sucking air. I will change them as they are 21 years old. Thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
are you getting extra smoking while in the starting process ? .......if so that would point to injector or injector pump issues ..IE dribbling instead of spraying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts