Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5105M ......foot clutch is getting harder and harder to feather wants to grab and go ......to the point i usually use the power reverser to do the clutching as it engages and reverses smoothly...

is there a way i can do my own adjustments? ....or is this a dealer software modulation type issue requiring a trip to dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
5105M ......foot clutch is getting harder and harder to feather wants to grab and go ......to the point i usually use the power reverser to do the clutching as it engages and reverses smoothly...

is there a way i can do my own adjustments? ....or is this a dealer software modulation type issue requiring a trip to dealer?
I found this on line how to do it. Look on the list on the left for clutch adjustment.http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE72817_19/
They have a picture showing the parts.
Check and Adjust Clutch Pedal Free Play
Measure free play (A) at top of pedal stroke. Adjust linkage to obtain 13 ± 3 mm (0.511 ± 0.118 in.) free play.
To adjust linkage, loosen lock nut (B), remove cotter pin (C), washer (D), retaining pin (E) and return spring (F). Rotate clevis. After making adjustment, replace clip, pin, washer and return spring and check free play. When free play is correct, tighten lock nut.

A-Clutch Pedal Free Play
B-Lock Nut
C-Cotter Pin
D-Washer
E-Retaining Pin
F-Return Spring

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found this on line how to do it. Look on the list on the left for clutch adjustment.http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE72817_19/
They have a picture showing the parts.
Check and Adjust Clutch Pedal Free Play
Measure free play (A) at top of pedal stroke. Adjust linkage to obtain 13 ± 3 mm (0.511 ± 0.118 in.) free play.
To adjust linkage, loosen lock nut (B), remove cotter pin (C), washer (D), retaining pin (E) and return spring (F). Rotate clevis. After making adjustment, replace clip, pin, washer and return spring and check free play. When free play is correct, tighten lock nut.

A-Clutch Pedal Free Play
B-Lock Nut
C-Cotter Pin
D-Washer
E-Retaining Pin
F-Return Spring

thank you for looking......but as confusing as it seems....mine is a 5105m ...not a 5105 .....huge huge huge difference ....the maintanace manual on the 5105m says have the dealer adjust.....i dont have a service manual...this would be similar or same as the 5085m pre tier 4 and the 5095m....i think it requires a software modulation adjustment but not sure

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I would get a service manual. An invaluable tool to have around.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would get a service manual. An invaluable tool to have around.

just haven't gotten around to getting a shop manual on this one......between all the caterpillar and john deere manuals i allready have i could sell and buy a tractor.....i certainaly will get around to gettting one just thought someone might have some insight into this issue .....as to if its owner serviceable ...or a dealer only service issue...but thank you for the suggestion

·
Registered
918 Posts
Calibrating the clutch is a dealer software issue. Don't know of any way to do it without plugging in a computer. There is a possibility you have a malfunctioning modulation valve, RE177539. Have seen a few of them cause the modulation problem you are having. #7 in diagram. It is recommended the transmission be recalibrated after installation of new one, but just installing new one makes a huge difference if old one is malfunctioning. It is an expensive valve to change without being sure though, around $300.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calibrating the clutch is a dealer software issue. Don't know of any way to do it without plugging in a computer. There is a possibility you have a malfunctioning modulation valve, RE177539. Have seen a few of them cause the modulation problem you are having. #7 in diagram. It is recommended the transmission be recalibrated after installation of new one, but just installing new one makes a huge difference if old one is malfunctioning. It is an expensive valve to change without being sure though, around $300.

thank you.... confirming what i suspected :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update?

I think I have the same issue with my 5105m that its almost not releasing for me to shift when clutch is pressed all the way in. Did the 300 dollar part fix yours or did you have to go to dealer ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think I have the same issue with my 5105m that its almost not releasing for me to shift when clutch is pressed all the way in. Did the 300 dollar part fix yours or did you have to go to dealer ?
mine is intermittent ...and it seems to only happen after the tractor warms up and works a while..........i have also noticed that the reverser sometimes is grabby upon engagement....since it is intermittent i have not done anything with it yet...i plan on doing a full 1000hr service this winter including full hydraulic system service......i suspect mine is more hydraulic related since it occurring on both the reverser and the foot clutch....and really the only time it presents real issues is when hooking up a implement when the tractor is hot...

mine has never had a issue with disengageing

keep me posted on yours please ...i may have to dig deeper if the winter service doesn't do the trick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts