Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 52" broom yesterday for my 1025R. My local dealer acquired this new broom from another dealer that was going out of business. It didn't have the driveshaft with it but for the price they offered it to me, I couldn't pass it up. I got it for $1500.00 plus $250.00 for the driveshaft.
Since I have 9000 square feet of paved driveway and my driveway is mostly all sloped, my thought is, I can use the broom for all those PITA 2" and 3" snows that we get in PA. With the broom, I will be able to get the paving clean so no fear of ice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,127 Posts
:good2:

·
Registered
23,275 Posts
Nice! That is what I miss with my dealer being gone. On a weekly basis I would stop in while Mrs. CT was grocery shopping and check the bone yard for anything that recently came in. Made quite a few good deals on stuff I really didn't need but was sure nice to have.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! That is what I miss with my dealer being gone. On a weekly basis I would stop in while Mrs. CT was grocery shopping and check the bone yard for anything that recently came in. Made quite a few good deals on stuff I really didn't need but was sure nice to have.
I happened to mention to my dealer that I was looking for a 52" broom. If he trades one it, let me know. Anyway, he told me about this one that he picked up at this liquidation of another dealer and he made me a good deal on it. Since they aren't a hot item and they got it for basically nothing, the $1500.00 was a good deal for me and cash flow for him.

·
Registered
23,275 Posts
I happened to mention to my dealer that I was looking for a 52" broom. If he trades one it, let me know. Anyway, he told me about this one that he picked up at this liquidation of another dealer and he made me a good deal on it. Since they aren't a hot item and they got it for basically nothing, the $1500.00 was a good deal for me and cash flow for him.
I had become friends with the manager at my old Deere dealer - he was about my age and we had the same interests. He always knew the kind of things I would be interested in - and the certain smile on his face when I would come in would be a giveaway. Made me some good deals on things that normally would have sat for a long time.

Then since this was a weekly thing, I would go back up to the grocery store to pick Mrs. CT up and she would always ask "so what did you get this time....?"

If my driveway were paved (~850') I would have a broom also for how you describe its use for yourself.

Unfortunately this dealer has been gone for many years now thanks to Deere's consolidation - now the only thing similar for me to visit each trip is the gun shop........

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had become friends with the manager at my old Deere dealer - he was about my age and we had the same interests. He always knew the kind of things I would be interested in - and the certain smile on his face when I would come in would be a giveaway. Made me some good deals on things that normally would have sat for a long time.

Then since this was a weekly thing, I would go back up to the grocery store to pick Mrs. CT up and she would always ask "so what did you get this time....?"

If my driveway were paved (~850') I would have a broom also for how you describe its use for yourself.

Unfortunately this dealer has been gone for many years now thanks to Deere's consolidation - now the only thing similar for me to visit each trip is the gun shop........
Yea, I know what you mean. I think that may have been why the dealer that had this broom liquidated. Fortunately, my local dealer is a pretty large JD dealer that sells the entire JD line, even construction equipment.
The wife asked me, "is there anything else you need for your tractor, I want to get some new furniture". Ha ha. I said, you know, my tractor seat is just fine. Best piece of furniture I have. ha ha. She didn't think that was too funny!!
Although, she has admitted, especially when she looks at all the landscaping, patio, retaining walls, etc. that I have been able to do, the JD has been a good purchase.
That said, no more for the tractor until she gets new furniture. Funny thing, we men don't see anything wrong with the furniture but we can find a million reasons we need something else for the JD.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You made a great choice. :thumbup1gif:

You are correct, I find I can use mine for up to 3 inches of fluffy or a couple of inches of wet snows. It also depends on how far you have to push it. Once you start getting a small pile in front of you it will start causing other problems. You'll also find it a perfect clean up tool following behind the blower.

Reactions: Levi and Ray_PA

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 60" sweepster broom in the for sale section cheap off a simplicity. I'll bet they make a mount for it to fit a JD

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
I have a 60" sweepster broom in the for sale section cheap off a simplicity. I'll bet they make a mount for it to fit a JD
Who? I highly doubt there is an adapter available.

If there is, list it with your ad. You'll probably sell it quicker.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Who? I highly doubt there is an adapter available.

If there is, list it with your ad. You'll probably sell it quicker.
I was thinking sweepster might since they are an aftermarket builder. I will look into it

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got a email reply from sweepster on a mount and said they do not offer one BUT said that if you tell the JD dealer that you have a HD 60 broom that they would hook you up. I looked at some pics and they look the same. Maybe all made by the same place.

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
I got a email reply from sweepster on a mount and said they do not offer one BUT said that if you tell the JD dealer that you have a HD 60 broom that they would hook you up. I looked at some pics and they look the same. Maybe all made by the same place.
Termite, please continue providing info about your item for sale in your other thread-not this one. This is considered "hijacking" a thread to sell your item.

:focus:

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You made a great choice. :thumbup1gif:

You are correct, I find I can use mine for up to 3 inches of fluffy or a couple of inches of wet snows. It also depends on how far you have to push it. Once you start getting a small pile in front of you it will start causing other problems. You'll also find it a perfect clean up tool following behind the blower.
I figure I will have to use it a few times to get the feel although, as you said, I figure the broom will be a good clean up tool after using the blower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts