Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of some help
I was brooming the driveway with my 52" quick hitch Broom and something happened.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The broom has been doing a great job cleaning up the little storms.
Something happened and it's more than a shear pin.
Looks like a broken shaft #16
image.jpg
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
John

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
:wgtt:

Ouch John, it's hard to tell from the pics, I guess your going to have to take it apart some some to diagnose what actually failed and why. Perhaps a bearing locked up?

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Looking at the diagram you posted (from TBN?) All the parts seem to be there. The diagram is reversed from your pics. Did the shaft wander towards the other side? IOW is it sticking out the other side?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the diagram you posted (from TBN?) All the parts seem to be there. The diagram is reversed from your pics. Did the shaft wander towards the other side? IOW is it sticking out the other side?
Actuallly it is not reversed, just not a great pic.

The shaft can't wander it's pinned. It got cut off by part #10.

Yes, this is also on tbn I got a pm suggestion to check out this site. So here I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actuallly it is not reversed, just not a great pic.

The shaft can't wander it's pinned. It got cut off by part #10.

Yes, this is also on tbn I got a pm suggestion to check out this site. So here I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
Well the drawing doesn't have an arrow pointing to "front" but comparing it with your photo's leads me to believe that "front" is toward top right. The positioning of the bearing assembly #17 is to be sandwiched between #10 and #14 which are bolted together. IMO, for #10 to have worn through the shaft either means the bearing is completely worn out or the bolts holding #10 and #14 together came loose allowing the bearing flanges to slip out of their sockets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts