Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have front suitcase weights on a 5200? Local dealer had a set of take off from a 40 series that hang off the bracket but kind of wobble back and forth. Curious as to what the dimensions are of the weights that are meant for this tractors bracket? I'll attach a picture of what I have at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I think the weights will be fine if you'll bolt them together with a 5/8'' bolt. See photo below. The peg on bottom side of mounting bracket holds weights when a bolt is put through holes & secured with retainer or nut.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Does your weight support have a vertical center hole? Those that do use a pin that the weights go on either side and bolt together.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does your weight support have a vertical center hole? Those that do use a pin that the weights go on either side and bolt together.
I have exactly what was posted in the thumbnail schematic.

I don't think they look too bad on the tractor. I'm just going to give them a fresh coat of paint and bolt them together. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
TruckFarmer55
Your frt weight bracket appears to have correct lower pin to secure weights according to my old tired eyes.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TruckFarmer55
Your frt weight bracket appears to have correct lower pin to secure weights according to my old tired eyes.
Correct. I don't think it does much good with these though as they are technically for this bracket/tractor. They're close enough though.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Put a bolt/nut through the weights & cinch it tight & I'll bet the weights will be snug on the bracket. I've installed unknown number of those weights on new tractors that I PDI'd in years past

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I have exactly what was posted in the thumbnail schematic.

I don't think they look too bad on the tractor. I'm just going to give them a fresh coat of paint and bolt them together. Thank you!
That's the nice thing about weights, new paint and same as new :bigthumb:

Reactions: 1bigtater
1 - 12 of 12 Posts