Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again out there to all John Deere family and friends.The last time i was on here i was having trouble with fuel problems on getting this 05 John Deere 5205 4x4 tractor. Since then it has changed ownership to me but still has the problem pulling the fuel through the injection pump to the injectors. I can get fuel to the inlet of the pump but it wont go through the pump for some reason. When i first drained what little bit of fuel it had in the tank into a couple 5 gal bucketsi noticed after the fuel settled it looked like a little algea or how ever you spell it. Also i noticed some condensation water in the fuel and in the f/w separator filter. We cleaned the tank,changed filters and this is were i am confused at. If it will pull fuel to the pump but not through it to the injector lines isnt the pump still working? But maybe stopped up with trash or something? Someone please help! Any and all comments are very much appreciated...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Does your 5205 have a rotary type inj pump? If so it's possible a clogged fuel return line could stop inj pump from pumping fuel. If your tractor IP has a timing window loosen screws to allow fuel to leak out then attempt to start engine. If IP will now pump fuel locate the return line clog.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A rotary injection pump has the outlet lines to the injectors arranged in a circle at the end of the pump.
Do NOT take the pump off the engine. It has to be timed first or you'll have the problem of timing the engine to the pump.

edit: The 5205 has a rotary injection pump ...The timing window is a square with a point held on by two screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your 5205 have a rotary type inj pump? If so it's possible a clogged fuel return line could stop inj pump from pumping fuel. If your tractor IP has a timing window loosen screws to allow fuel to leak out then attempt to start engine. If IP will now pump fuel locate the return line clog.
Hey sorry it took so long to respond. yes it has a rotary type IP and i will try that thanks i will post an update soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A rotary injection pump has the outlet lines to the injectors arranged in a circle at the end of the pump.
Do NOT take the pump off the engine. It has to be timed first or you'll have the problem of timing the engine to the pump.

edit: The 5205 has a rotary injection pump ...The timing window is a square with a point held on by two screws.

Ok i will remember that thanks i know it has a big nut and a smaller one on the side any clue to what they are for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts