Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was using the tractor today to spread some sand on the driveway when the loader decided it would not go up. I can roll the bucket both ways and lower the loader but it will not raise. I swapped the hydraulic hoses at the valve body so when I put the loader control into the lower position the loader will raise. Not a very handy way to run a loader. The cables from the loader control to the valve body seem to be moving properly and freely.I did lube them. Also when the loader control is in the raise position you can here the whine of the hydraulic fluid. Assuming something is wrong in the valve body. The tractor is a model year 2005. Is worth having the valve body rebuilt or just replace it. If this is the issue. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Sounds like a bad quick coupler to me, not allowing flow. Whine may be system going into relief.

Reactions: Vtwoodcutr

·
Administrator
18,514 Posts
Unplug, clean, the reconnect all four couplers. This solves most of the "my loader won't xxxx" issues.

Reactions: Vtwoodcutr

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Ditto on checking(disconnecting/reconnecting) quick couplers. If by chance control valve is at fault then valve would require replacement because there's only 2 things that can be repaired on hyd control valve which is a leaking seal or cleaning/lubricating float detent mechanism

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem turned out to be a broken control cable. Asked my neighbor to stop by for a second set of eyes and he noticed one of the control cables was moving in only one direction where it connects to the valve body. I will replace both cables.
Not easy to reach up and move the control handle and watch the cable move on the opposite end. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts