Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising around here, I found a thread that indicated that a 53" bucket is an available option for the 1026r. Did my salesman tell me that?....no.....in fact when I called him yesterday,....he didnt even know that!:unknown: anyhew....he did some checking and found one for me...117 bucks price difference....so the swap is happening. Thanks again GTT for being a most valuable resource for all of us!:good2:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Wow, either the salesman was on his first week on the job or just not all there.. The 53" bucket has been a option on the JD SUBs since the 2003 2210s. You can even get a 61" if you really wanted to.. Also, used to be only $50ish it upsize the buckets.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's been there a long time NEWT.....they just don't sell a whole lot of SCUT stuff up here.....this area is quite poor for lack of a better choice of words. Cattle farming, some grain.....therefore the farmers concentrate on necessary implements for their ag purposes. They have had it very rough for the past ten years.......BSC broke quite a few of them and more recently.....a huge flood practically desimated them. Having said that,they are a resiliant bunch...they keep working at it and manage to smile through it all. I would guess that 99.9% of the John Deere sales are large tractors and combines.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Regardless of misfortune the salesman should know what the hell he is selling. The salesman at our GM dealership are horrible. Most are only there to move metal and can't even show customer basics like how to hook up bluetooth or use the memory seat functions. I'm not saying all salesman are this way but the ones I deal with are not knowledgeable. My JD salesman did not ask me one question regarding options for my 1026. I had and did all the research myself.:(:banghead:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Regardless of misfortune the salesman should know what the hell he is selling. The salesman at our GM dealership are horrible. Most are only there to move metal and can't even show customer basics like how to hook up bluetooth or use the memory seat functions. I'm not saying all salesman are this way but the ones I deal with are not knowledgeable. My JD salesman did not ask me one question regarding options for my 1026. I had and did all the research myself.:(:banghead:
Maybe the salesman knew exactly what he was doing, assuming lindenj bought a more expensive (larger) bucket the first time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is a "option" per se, but not a line item they can add to an order because when you order it comes with the 49" standard. The dealer has to do some "fanagling" and basically order the 53" and swap it with the 49". It won't come from the factory with the 53". When I was pricing out my 1026R TLB, every dealer I contacted said I couldn't get the 53" as an upgrade. I had to tell them just swap it out with the 49" when it comes in. The dealer I ended up going with just put a note in the COMMENTS section of my PO that said "H120 LOADER INCLUDES 53 IN BUCKET". I don't even see a price difference for it on my PO.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually....the funny part of this is he had a 1023 in the yard w/a 53" :unknown:.....so hes gonna swap it out for me. I also did all my research before buying......GTT has been a savior for me on so many occasions. I would have been totally "in the dark" without your help.:drinks:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Me too, I usually "educate" the dealership sales, but I missed on this bucket, I asked about a "materials bucket" ( lighter and snow use/grain only) and he said No materials bucket, BUT he could have sold me the 53 bucket easily...

·
Administrator
18,013 Posts
Good thing you didn't drill any holes in it yet:laugh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thing you didn't drill any holes in it yet:laugh:
Kenny.....I was going to do that as my hooks were all painted and hard :laugh:....but I did the change over on the bigger bucket today.....looks like a REAL loader now! I am allot happier....4" may not seem like a big diff...but I mustve moved 30 yard of snow this afternoon and makes the 53" makes a big difference.

oh yeah....i drilled the holes today also!...i needed too as I had to unload my new 647 tiller :good2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks to this forum and all of you out there you educate us to the product. I was amazed when everyone at me Jdealership never heard of this site. I hate to say it, no I don't, I had to explain things to my salesman that he was unaware of. I must say it felt goooooood. If I didn't know about my product, people wouldn't buy. Thanks to all.:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Kenny.....I was going to do that as my hooks were all painted and hard :laugh:....but I did the change over on the bigger bucket today.....looks like a REAL loader now! I am allot happier....4" may not seem like a big diff...but I mustve moved 30 yard of snow this afternoon and makes the 53" makes a big difference.

oh yeah....i drilled the holes today also!...i needed too as I had to unload my new 647 tiller :good2:
:good2: And if the material you're moving is too heavy just take less, but when it's not you're set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts