Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always I want to mention all the great info that is on this site, I know I have gotten much more out of my tractors with the help on GTT.

This is a thread on some modifications I am making to a new 53" bucket connected to a 2032R.

I am going to post many pics of the different phases of the build, I am simply doing this because I enjoy share ideas with members, I am not trying to show off.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welding

my Nephew Justin came over and did most of the welding. He hadn't welded in a year and a half, not bad for a 120 volt Miller you've never used before. I wanted to show how we sanded the paint off, thought i forgot my angle grinder at work, can't find it? Anyway we are reading for testing!

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Failed test, now what?

installed a receiver and headed out back to lift my trailer, it is a 20' dovetail car hauler converted to a tractor trailer. Lot's of tongue weight, as I raise and lower the trailer I can see defection in the top and back part of the bucket, it's basically the receiver assembly is twisting the bucket. I had took about 1/4" with the jack, I may add a little positive with the jack while I weld. I have pics of the 2 stiffeners I came up with, the channel in the front with run the entire length of the bucket.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Great stuff Nick :good2:

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Looks good nice bucket mods.:good2:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone. Laser cut

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't get much done tonight. finished welding the stiffner bar. I also wire brushed Ken's hooks, the middle yellow hook looks really handy.

I wanted your input on the corner channel bar will work for the leading edge? I found it at fleet Farm in the metal shop bins. now that I can buy anything should I use something different?

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I like your design, how has it held up for you?
So far so good; though it doesn't get used much. The most I've done with it is move and place concrete slabs that I guestimated to weigh in around 800 - 1,000 pounds each. I didn't own a set of forks at the time.

I don't own a trailer, so I have no idea how well it would work for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2nd test run

Hooked the bucket back up and decided to try out the hooks. I have this area that is a ongoing clearing job, then I remembered I had ordered some of Ken's new ring slings, hadn't really used them for tree work. One of the first things i notices was how the middle rigging hook works with the rings like a system, I started leaving both ends of the rings attached to the hook. Then I took and flipped the straps behind the bucket, WOW how handy is it to have your straps attached to the bucket, no having to run back to the ballast box or rops to get your straps.

The other big difference was how well the metal rings helped noose smaller trees, having that flat spot helped dig into the tree. I actually brought 2 new straps that I had bought before getting Ken's, what a difference in quality, Ken's straps are so much more flexible, it's almost like the difference in a high end extension cord and a cheap one.

I was having so much fun that I forgot to test the hitch, always tomorrow.

way to go Ken, I will be ordering more goody's soon, and thanks for your response time to your orders.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finally finished the bucket, welded on the c channel across the front. tied it all together, no flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
finally finished the bucket, welded on the c channel across the front. tied it all together, no flex.
Looks like a stout bucket with very thought out modifications!:bigthumb:

Reactions: nicksteck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts