Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys-

My 1025R will be delivered on Friday. I need to confirm with them which bucket I want. The standard is the 49" but I can get the 53" for $75 more (both quick attach). Is there a reason I should go with one or the other? Obviously the 53" is bigger, but technically it will lower the lift capacity slightly. One Deere guy told me that the loader is designed for the 49" so running a 53" with a load in the bucket may limit the lift height due to the extra weight.

Cost is irrelevant - it's only $75.

My primary concern was that the bucket be wider than the front tires on the tractor, which I think both buckets are?...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin

Reactions: Buchananjames

·
Registered
326 Posts
Guys-

My 1025R will be delivered on Friday. I need to confirm with them which bucket I want. The standard is the 49" but I can get the 53" for $75 more (both quick attach). Is there a reason I should go with one or the other? Obviously the 53" is bigger, but technically it will lower the lift capacity slightly. One Deere guy told me that the loader is designed for the 49" so running a 53" with a load in the bucket may limit the lift height due to the extra weight.

Cost is irrelevant - it's only $75.

My primary concern was that the bucket be wider than the front tires on the tractor, which I think both buckets are?...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin
I have the 53" on my 2320 and that works fine for heavy materials like dirt, gravel etc. I have 200 lbs. of weight on each back wheel and about 300 lbs. of rear blade and weights on the 3pt hitch. I can pick up approximately 1000lbs in the loader but usually need to be in 4x4 mode. When I have used it for moving snow I wish I had a wider bucket. My buddy has a 2305 with a 53" bucket and it works fine also so I think the 53 should work fine for you.

Dave

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have the 49" bucket, and have no problem with the size of it. Since Marshawn was my first tractor with loader, I am glad that I got the smaller one, it is nice to learn on and get proficient using something smaller. Not that the 4" would make that much difference (my wife might say otherwise) :shhh:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know the weight difference between the buckets? I couldn't imagine it being much more the 50-75lbs? If you have the option up front, I would go with bigger. That's my plan when it comes time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had a 53" on the 2320 I had and the 1025r TLB I have now. Had full bucket of crushed stone
and can lift it to the stops with no problem (with appropriate counter weight, of course).

Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

Depends on what your planning on doing with it.

If your digging soil, lifting heavy or wet material stick with the 49

If your doing snow, light material or leveling, you can go with the 53

In my opinion the bucket size that seems to be the best overall choice for people in the long run is the standard one listed

1 series 49"
2 series 53"
3 series 61"
4 series 72"

I know of the 2 different widths on my 2 tractors the 53 works better on the 2 series and the 61 works best on the 3 series, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I've loaded my 53" bucket full of crushed concrete (as full as I could get it) and had no problem lifting at all. Go big or go home. That extra couple of inches is REALLY nice because the bucket is now slightly wider than the tractor and you can get the bucket closer to things along the side of the tractor without hitting the tractor. The reduced lift capacity of the larger bucket is a non-issue in my opinon

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I have the 49 on my 1026R. We spaced our garden plots and fences based on my old garden tractor/mower, and the 53 would have made maneuvering around parts of our yard difficult. Another possible issue, we used to have a small pickup, and as I recall, a 4X8 sheet of plywood was "just" able to fit into the bed and sit on the wheel wells. I don't think that I would be able to put the lip of a 53 bucket into the bed of a small p/u to dump or pickup/shovel stuff into it. Thirdly, I sometimes load my small dump trailer with loam or mulch to drive into areas that I don't want to take the 1026. The 49" bucket is just right for filling my trailer without a lot of spill over the edges.

But when moving stuff in bulk, I would have liked a little larger bucket to carry more on each trip. Seat time is one thing, but a couple of trips less during my busy weekend day always helps.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
In my opinion the bucket size that seems to be the best overall choice for people in the long run is the standard one listed

1 series 49"
2 series 53"
3 series 61"
4 series 72"
Agreed - well put.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 53" bucket and so far so good.

I have 53" bucket and I asked for that. Dealer did not charge me more but need to order the new tractor with it.

It fit perfectly with my 5x10 trailer and full size truck. Most of my work is light duty and so far I have not done heavy lifting yet.

Will see how it do when I order the gravel for drive way.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have 53" bucket and I asked for that. Dealer did not charge me more but need to order the new tractor with it.

It fit perfectly with my 5x10 trailer and full size truck. Most of my work is light duty and so far I have not done heavy lifting yet.

Will see how it do when I order the gravel for drive way.
I have the 53" bucket on my 1025r. I have had the bucket completely full of dirt, gravel, wet sand, and mulch doing different jobs around the house. I just moved 8.5 tons of minus and 2.5 tons of sand last weekend. It handles all of it without problem. You have to keep the bucket low while traversing the rough yard with plenty of ballast. But it has no problem lifting and moving any material I've put in it.:good2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
We were dumping the gravel directly into the bucket which made it fairly easy. The yard was too wet to drive the truck on last Saturday when we were working on the patio.
Also thats my brother in law in the picture driving my tractor. I told him to lower the bucket after I took the picture just to be safe.
But I've been 100% happy with the choice of the 53" bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like the 53" bucket because I use the FEL and 60" RB for snow removal. The extra width allows me to get closer to my retaining wall and building. With the RB angled it works great cleaning up behind the FEL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does anyone know the actual width at the front tires of a 1025R with R3's?

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
I bought the 49" bucket because it fit inside the bed opening on my pickup. I believe there are times when this will be a big benefit when unloading from or loading something into the back of my truck.

Reactions: Mgmiller3

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I bought the 49" bucket because it fit inside the bed opening on my pickup. I believe there are times when this will be a big benefit when unloading from or loading something into the back of my truck.
Unless your truck is really lifted, you should be able to load over the side of the bed (beds are 5.5-8' long), get the material further inside the bed rather than via the tailgate, and you can always set the slightly wider bucket on the tailgate...or just above it for convenient placement to load via shovel from the bed. I've lifted a few deer up to the tailgate of my friends truck to take them to the processor - no issues whatsoever.

I used to get smaller loads of gravel, dirt, mulch etc. because there was only so much work I could do via shovel and dump cart in a weekend and I borrowed my friends pick-up truck to get it and had to shovel it out - it sucked.

Now when I order materials - I simply have a dump truck full dropped in my driveway (roughly 12 yds) and am able to power through that amount in a few mere hours. If I have any left over - I simply make a "next time" pile near the back of the yard. The 53" bucket makes that task even faster.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
does anyone know the actual width at the front tires of a 1025R with R3's?
1025R is 48" wide at the widest point without attachments. Front tires are a couple inches in on each side from that. I can't measure my tractor at the moment or I'd give you an exact measurement.

Eyeballing some pics with the 60" wide MMM on the tractor - it looks like there is ~12" of deck outside of the front wheels, so I'd guess 36-40" wide at the front tires.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55
1 - 20 of 25 Posts