Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 5300 that has the joystick connected to two valves that operate the loader. I'd like to add a 3rd valve kit, but the parts person (as well as one of the owners) at my local JD dealer say there is no option for that. I want to add the 3rd valve to operate a hydraulic top link or other rear uses. They said that there was either zero or two valves possible on the 5300, but not three. I've seen pictures of three sets of hose connections on this series tractor I think, but am not sure if it was a 5300. If anyone has added the 3rd valve kit to a 5300 or devised a way to get remote hydraulic power at the rear other than disconnecting one of the loader circuits, I'd like to know the part number of that kit. Thanks, Steve
I really appreciate this forum and it's members.

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts
Are you mechanically inclined? I'm sure we could help you either find a kit or help you make one to fit your needs. I have experience with Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics (link in my signature). He builds hydraulic top and tilt cylinders and offers valve kits depending on the owner's needs. He may have a kit already.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dieselshadow, I went to Fit Rite's site and checked it out. I'm impressed and will keep him in mind if I can't find the John Deere kit or it's not available. I'll also keep him in mind for the cylinders/kits I may need in the future. When possible, I like to use factory kits as they usually fit well and the levers, brackets, etc. would be just like factory installed. Are there any 5300 owners that have 3 sets (two sets for the loader and one spare set) of rear remotes?

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
I'm looking into this right now.

According to JD Parts, there were up to 5 services available on the 5300. That would be three at the rear and two for the loader. It looks like the 4th and 5th SVC operate off the power beyond loop, but I'm still trying to sort that out for sure.

As for how to add them at this point, there's a very real chance that the valves and other necessary bits may no longer be available, or more like available but very expensive. I've seen some of the products Brian at Fit Rite offers up close and in person, and I'd be willing to bet he can set you up with something just as nice at a significant savings, especially if JD ran theirs off the power beyond loop. That's how a lot of aftermarket valves end up being plumbed in, and it works pretty well.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
717 Posts
When someone already has a power beyond loop, putting the aux valves in is soooooooooo much easier. As long as it's not a cab tractor. Cab tractors have a whole set of other conditions that have to be worked with. It can all be done, just takes time and money.

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
At this point, here is what I can find via JD Parts.

This is the factory setup for two rear hydraulic services. The illustrations don't show exactly how they attach to the valve.

Auto part Automotive fuel system Diagram

This is the factory setup for the 4th and 5th services. I can't find a dedicated 3rd service illustration, see below for more on that.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Automotive engine part Transmission part

This is the factory setup for the rear and mid (loader) services. I believe this may be the 1, 2, 3 services that the 4th and 5th I mentioned above go along with.

Line art Drawing Coloring book Illustration

At this point, I would look first toward adding an aftermarket valve into the Power Beyond circuit of your tractor. You may not have the PB hoses and fittings currently, but they should be a simple install to have made locally or possibly even order through JD.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check with your JD dealer and also look on JDparts, but I believe you need JD kit number lv100117 is a SINGLE (THIRD) SCV HYDRAULIC. Cost $737.

If you decide to order it, at one time you had a choice of which detent to get, most likely you will want float.

·
Registered
1998 JD 5310 2wd 540 FEL
2 Posts
I am in the same boat. 5310, 2 rear that are plumbed to a joystick for the fel. I sure would like to know how to add a third and more if possible. I’ve read that there are up to five possible. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
760 Posts
There is a kit. I added it to my 5200. BUT it is no longer made. IF you're lucky. some dealer has it in stock. A Deere dealer can do a dealer search for the closest dealer with it on his shelf.

You'll be well served by taking the right side wheel and fender off. The 3rd valve body is placed under the existing loader valves. The kit has all the correct bolts for the added thickness. Even has a decal for the couplers Mark all hoses before taking them off.

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
Power Beyond is a constant flow of oil from the tractors hydraulic system. It's called a "loop" because the flow path must be maintained or the pump will deadhead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the lv100117 kit is what is need to put the power beyond on a 5300 to run a stump grinder and log splitter and stuff?? I already have 1 set for my grapple and a separate lever for it I would like to be able to run my bucket and grapple and stump grinder all together
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

1 - 20 of 30 Posts