Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 JD 5303, 1983 JD 2040, 1983 JD 265, #14 JD baler, #9 JD sickle mower, 2016 JD 825i Gator,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 5303 with a JD 512 loader. This tractor came with a remote SCV for rear hookup to operate two way cylinders on various equipment. The control lever for the remote SCV is located to the right of the operator seat. It is totally separate from the loader function which is a separate valve and joy stick up next to the steering wheel. Everything on the loader works properly.
My problem: I am not getting any back flow when hooked up to a two way cylinder with the remote SCV.
It builds pressure on both sides of cylinder. Meaning extend and retract.
Can anyone tell me what to look for. There must be a restriction somewhere but where.
Sure hope I don't have to tear into the valve block assembly. That entails removing the rear wheel, fender, possibly the gas tank, etc. :-(
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, OT

·
Premium Member
8,999 Posts
Start with your quick couplers. Disconnect/reconnect, that often solves problems of this type.

·
Registered
2006 JD 5303, 1983 JD 2040, 1983 JD 265, #14 JD baler, #9 JD sickle mower, 2016 JD 825i Gator,
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with your quick couplers. Disconnect/reconnect, that often solves problems of this type.
Thanks Zebrafive, I have tried that several times thinking the same thing. Today I will remove both female connectors and try to get them apart to see if I can find anything that may be broken. Seal, spring, etc. If it will not come apart I will just replace both with new and see if that corrects the problem.
Thanks again, OT

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
To me, it sounds like the tank "T" return on the valve is piped...incorrectly... to a coupler. When valve is activate, pressure extends cylinder and oil that should be going back to tank is going to other side of cylinder.

Locate "T" outlet on valve and see where it goes! Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To me, it sounds like the tank "T" return on the valve is piped...incorrectly... to a coupler. When valve is activate, pressure extends cylinder and oil that should be going back to tank is going to other side of cylinder.

Locate "T" outlet on valve and see where it goes! Bob
Thanks Bob for the reply with suggestion. I do not have a "T" in the line anywhere. Hoses go directly into the valve body in different locations.

Progress report, I removed both female quick couplers and disassembled. Nothing wrong with either. No broken springs, no obstructions, etc. reassembled and installed. I then connected a 4' hose with male connectors on each end and plugged into the female connections. I did this to determine if there was return flow to the oil supply. If I move the valve control lever in one direction slowly I get return flow. In the opposite direction I get return flow. If I move the control lever quickly, the hose stiffens up indicating no return flow. It does that in both directions. At this point, I believe there is a worn or broken "O" ring on the valve spool in the valve body or a broken spool allowing the oil to go where it isn't supposed to go. The next thing will be to try and remove the spool without removing the entire valve body. If the spool is indeed broken then I'm looking at a complete tear down and valve body replacement as those parts are highly machined. "O" rings are not a problem depending on if I can remove the spool. We shall see. Thanks again for the reply. OT

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I can't explain what's wrong, but "typically" o-rings only prevent external leakage from a valve and do not influence oil flow direction. I personally, have never heard of moving a valve fast or slow having an effect on flow.

Any chance you have a breakdown of the internals of the valve? Bob

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't explain what's wrong, but "typically" o-rings only prevent external leakage from a valve and do not influence oil flow direction. I personally, have never heard of moving a valve fast or slow having an effect on flow.

Any chance you have a breakdown of the internals of the valve? Bob
Good morning Bob, To date, I have looked everywhere for the internal breakdown of the valve body and have had no luck. Weingartz shows the valve body on their site but with no breakdown. Valve body is available for $1300+. ARIMain - WEINGARTZ
There has to be a breakdown somewhere. I'll keep looking. Would like to see what's inside before I tear into it. Thanks and have a great day. OT

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Try your JD dealer! RE203009 is a valid JD part number! They may tell you, 'No info available' and you'll be in the same boat as you are now, or they may say, 'Oh that's made by XXX Mfg and here's a breakdown.' All you can do is ask! You also may want to contact Weingartz and ask them what info they may have.

I also saw in partscatalog.deere.com that that particular valve is for: 5303( -009145) If your serial number is above 009145, this may (??) be an issue too! Bob

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Thanks Mark! I looked at the wrong listing! Yours shows a different serial number break, 5303 ( -007751), and I'd say yours is correct!. Bob

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA
1 - 10 of 10 Posts