Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5310 4WD- no cab, bought new with 541 loader, original joystick control as well as 4 rear connections controlled by two mid mount levers in front of seat , normally used for hydraulic scrape blade. I want to add the W R Long 3rd function kit to the loader stick so I can add a grapple. W R long was unable to help with the appropriate JD power beyond kit for my application. I have seen several on JD parts diagrams but am unclear as to which, if any would
work with this configuration.
Any help is much appreciated.
E4B2964A-DD35-4E50-9CDE-BBF3C8190ACE.jpeg
03B404F1-40FB-40F7-83B3-974C7C37DC9B.jpeg

0A09616D-8D9F-468B-8E79-8C7AEA5EC715.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
I'm confused. If you are looking to add a 3rd function to the loader why do you care about a Power Beyond kit?

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
I'm confused. If you are looking to add a 3rd function to the loader why do you care about a Power Beyond kit?
I think he wants to ID the PB lines so he can add in a electro-hydraulic valve to make a new 3rd function.

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
This is the control for rear remotes
If you can identify the IN and OUT of that valve block, you can add the new solenoid valve in series with it.

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
You most likely have a IN (or P for pressure) port, a OUT (or T for tank) port, and a PB (or BYD for beyond) port. Tracing the three lines may help reveal which is which, my WAG is the two in the picture I can see (one hardline and one hose) are the OUT and PB, but I'm certainly not sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You most likely have a IN (or P for pressure) port, a OUT (or T for tank) port, and a PB (or BYD for beyond) port. Tracing the three lines may help reveal which is which, my WAG is the two in the picture I can see (one hardline and one hose) are the OUT and PB, but I'm certainly not sure.
Hard Line on top goes to pump at engine. I'll trace others

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hose on back of block goes to top of lift. There are no P, T, BP or marks of any kind visible on the mid block or rear block. there are two plugs on each however. Could they be used for the two lines needed for third function. I assume the first two lines on the mid block are pressure and the third may or may not be as well.

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
I doubt you can use the 'plugs', they may not even be real ports. You will have to interrupt the line from the block to the loader valve, I think anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correction- hose on side of mid block goes to rock shaft. Hose at rear of mid block goes to loader block at rear. I've got to think that the mid block is where the in and out ones need to be attached - plug on side and rear as well as on top- three plugs on that end of block where pressure relief valve is - DEF marking cast on that side. I was hoping someone would be familiar with this mid block valve body. I seem to be no closer to an answer, but thank you for your help. Hope springs eternal!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I had a 5310 up until a year and a half ago. I had this upgrade done to my tractor when I bought my grapple by my dealer. I can tell you it was a convoluted setup that involved at least 2 solenoid valves and a lot of other plumbing. Prior to that I had a WR Long diverter for my 4 way bucket.
My 5310 was setup different than yours. What are the 2 control handles on the block valve for? I didn't have that valve between my legs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts