Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a electric 3rd function kit from WR Long for a grapple. After having most of it installed I realize this kit was for a mid mound loader valve. My loader runs off the rear remotes.
I ran a hose off the pressure oil port to the T port on the WR Long valve and a hose off the P port back to the return oil port. It isn't working, what am i missing? thanks for any insight

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Sounds like your valve is hooked up backwards to me?

The P is pressure and T is tank, so you should have the pressure from the tractor going to the IN or P on the new valve.

Did you install the pipe plug mentioned?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched my hoses at the T and P ports and now the loader works but only if i hold the rocker switch open and the bucket will go up and the grapple will open at the same time. When I installed the plug i could work the grapple by its self. Loader will only go up if i hold the rocker switch open still and i lost my rear 3pt hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I moved the hose off the oil return port to the excess oil return port and everything works as it should now

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
Excellent (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 5310 4WD- no cab, bought new with 541 loader, original joystick control as well as 4 rear connections controlled by two mid mount levers in front of seat , normally used for hydraulic scrape blade. I want to add the W R Long 3rd function kit to the loader stick so I can add a grapple. W R long was unable to help with the appropriate JD power beyond kit for my application. I have seen several on JD parts diagrams but am unclear as to which, if any would
work with this configuration.
Any help is much appreciated.
Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Green Line Wood Gas Circle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Cone Working animal Triangle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts