Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5310 with a Stanadyne DB4327-5562 that has a bad fuel shut off solenoid and a broken pivot shaft.

I got ahead of myself and should have ask these questions before I started. However, I have removed all of the wire connections, fuel lines and nuts holding the pump housing to the engine. The fuel pump pulled back from the housing about a 1/4” then stopped and I am unable to remove it any further. How do I remove the fuel pump? What special tools will I need? How do I install the fuel pump?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Lastly, this is my first time ever on a forum, please remove if not allowed.

Thank you in advance,
Larry

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Larry,
:wgtt:

Did you happen to remove the drive gear nut and pull the gear off the drive shaft?

There's also a procedure to time the replacement pump. I don't have that procedure handy, but I'm sure a few more members will chime in here and help out.

I would also sign up for JDParts.com. It's free and can be very handy for situations like this. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dieselshadow,

No I did not. I will try tomorrow, will a regular pulley puller work to remove the gear?

Signing up on JDparts. Thanks for the help.

Larry

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
I can’t say for sure on your particular tractor, but the ones I’ve done I used a steering wheel puller. The gear has threaded holes used for a puller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts