Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts
How much is a new switch?
$50 +/- $10
Probably going to need the tractor serial number to get the real price, there are four or five different switches.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
$50 +/- $10
Probably going to need the tractor serial number to get the real price, there are four or five different switches.
Not that bad. A locksmith would probably charge that just for disassembly and reassembly. Plus your pulling it out and putting it back either way.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Thanks for the reply's guys, my dads the only one who uses this tractor and he's fine right now just using a screw driver to start and shut down the tractor for now.
If he’s already used a screwdriver I’d definitely go for the new ignition.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If the tractor is like my 4105,, it is real easy to bend the key with your knee,,

I broke a key, but, got the piece out with tweezers,,
Then,, I bought a replacement from eBay,,

I then reshaped the new key,, leaving only the minimal necessary material,,
I have not bent the new key once,,, :yahoo:

The key is now tucked up out of the way,,,

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
What EVERY toolbox needs is a broken key extractor. Sadly, you never have one when you need it.
These are simple to use, just 'screw/thread' it into the SIDE of the broken key. It has barbs on the edges and will simply 'unscrew' the key right out of the lock once it bottoms out.

RuuOmzD.png

Any local locksmith will usually have these for sale, typically $3-$5 ....... and, never buy just one.

Here is where you would screw in the extractor -
R26Cnx0.png and yes, I know this isnt your switch, just a reference as to the proper use for the tool. :hi:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the reply's guys, my dads the only one who uses this tractor and he's fine right now just using a screw driver to start and shut down the tractor for now.
This is exactly how we start the backhoe! Its unfortunate the key is so universal :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts