Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 54” blower in November; and received it right after Christmas…. Picked up most of the attaching parts and shafts used so I ended up around 3k for my whole setup. Of course I got busy with other stuff and it wasn’t quite ready for this weeks winter weather. I got it all ready to go, and when I did; I was definitely under impressed by what it could do. It threw 10-15’ with the wind behind it with the stock plastic impeller. I had purchased the aftermarket 4 blade metal unit but had no time to pull the blower apart; so back to the plow I went.

Well with it warming up; I took it apart today and with the help of the wife was able to get everything all reassembled with the upgraded impeller. Attached are some photos of how it performed on my 2520. Mostly all I had were dense; soggy; icey snow banks; but I did venture thru the yard a bit just to test it out.

I have seen where some have welded the shear plate piece for the impeller to the impeller itself; but I did not, as there was minimal runout on the impeller itself. NOTE: I put the grease zerk on the impeller; after reading some horror stories about it becoming seized on the shaft.

I can’t post the videos up here, but at least I can upload the photos
Wheel Automotive tire Yellow Motor vehicle Train

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive design

Water Asphalt Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ok so how did it do? 10-15’ for plastic??-??’ for metal

Reactions: MattL and Rjob749

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d have to get a tape measure but in that third photo; those used be be 3-4’ snowbanks and you can see them thrown way to the left. Somewhere 35-50’? Very respectable.
Getting down and scraping ice will never be the blower’s forte, and I don’t intend on getting rid of the plow; but they both have their place… times I really should have used a blower, but just had to keep at it with a plow. Plow is definitely more versatile and less prone to any breakage, but man when you see that snow rooster tail…. 👍

·
Administrator
23,186 Posts
I can’t post the videos up here, but at least I can upload the photos
No one can, GTT does not host videos. You have to upload them to a place like YouTube or Vimeo, then paste the link into your thread.

Reactions: WarmPepsi

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
163 Posts
It’s the one others have discovered works, found it on here, not sure of the brand off the top of my head.

I can attest to the performance of the Agri-Metal impeller. Had it installed on my 54 snowblower before I traded it in during two storms and noted the impeller gave my snowblower the ability to throw heavy wet snow further and with more volume. Also should be noted due to the open back geometry install seemed easier. Tapped mine for a grease zerk to avoid corrosion on the shaft. Removed the impeller before trading and it’s currently just sitting on a shelf somewhere in my shop…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can attest to the performance of the Agri-Metal impeller. Had it installed on my 54 snowblower before I traded it in during two storms and noted the impeller gave my snowblower the ability to throw heavy wet snow further and with more volume. Also should be noted due to the open back geometry install seemed easier. Tapped mine for a grease zerk to avoid corrosion on the shaft. Removed the impeller before trading and it’s currently just sitting on a shelf somewhere in my shop…

I knew somebody would remember the manufacturer…. You can get it at any dealer that carries their stuff. I just ordered it from them because I had to order the upstop kit, couldn’t find that used.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It’s the one others have discovered works, found it on here, not sure of the brand off the top of my head.

Is this impeller also interchangeable with the 47" blower. My plastic impeller does not impress me at all and was looking to switch to the metal

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is this impeller also interchangeable with the 47" blower. My plastic impeller does not impress me at all and was looking to switch to the metal
Yes it is, as far as I am aware both units according to JD parts share an impeller (AM138205) and utilize a plate (M161175) to drive them.

There’s a metal 4 blade impeller for sale on GTT…

·
Registered
276 Posts

thank you for this info I was going to rebuild an old steel impeller but this is the way to go .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.