Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my 54” blower onto my 1025R tractor and I found I need to keep my Mechanical Mower lift lowered to get the pto shaft connected. I would like to use my ballast box for weight which is the same mechanism. Is there an easy way to keep the lift in a safe position as not to damage the linkage or PTO shaft? Do i need to remove the mechanical lift? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
You need to remove the mechanism that lifts your mowing deck. First, make sure the engine is off. I put a furniture dolly underneath the mechanism to catch it. Then disconnect the assembly's drive shaft from the mid PTO spline. Then you will need to remove 4 pins (2 on each side). Before you remove the adjustable hangers on each side, mark them with a permanent marker. I use "RO" for right outside and "LO" for left outside. Also mark the threads in case it turns. You want it to be the same length on each side next year. (I bought the right size nut and I tighten it so the threads can't turn. Sorry, 5 years ago and I can't remember the nut size.) Also, before you remove the hangers, take a photo of them on each side. It will make it easier to get them on right next year. I also mark an "UP" arrow on the assembly itself. When you have it off the tractor, it won't be obvious which is the top.

Keane

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I have always removed the mount for the mmm. It’s only 4 pins and the pto. While it’s not hard to do, going from mowing to the blower is a bit of a pain. I still have leaves on the trees probably 2 weeks or so before I’m done with picking up / mowing leaves and we have snow in the forecast. Most years it’s a rush to get the blower on. Probably won’t need to remove tonight’s snow, but 1-3 has turned into a foot or more in the past.:lol:

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You need to remove the mechanism that lifts your mowing deck. First, make sure the engine is off. I put a furniture dolly underneath the mechanism to catch it. Then disconnect the assembly's drive shaft from the mid PTO spline. Then you will need to remove 4 pins (2 on each side). Before you remove the adjustable hangers on each side, mark them with a permanent marker. I use "RO" for right outside and "LO" for left outside. Also mark the threads in case it turns. You want it to be the same length on each side next year. (I bought the right size nut and I tighten it so the threads can't turn. Sorry, 5 years ago and I can't remember the nut size.) Also, before you remove the hangers, take a photo of them on each side. It will make it easier to get them on right next year. I also mark an "UP" arrow on the assembly itself. When you have it off the tractor, it won't be obvious which is the top.

Keane
3/8 Fine thread

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
I agree, deck lift bracket and shaft must come off. One thing I did after putting the pins and hangers back on was drops of loctite where the threaded hangers meet the threaded turnbuckle. It has worked great and have never lost set height since removals and fall/winter storage. I also clean, grease the zerks and spray fluid film on shaft coupler and any thing else that moves. Cleaned lubed and checked oil in mmm after putting on axles and wheels. Also, touch up time. Mmm setup is ready for spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.