Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Had a little garage time tonight. Got a set of Warn plow wings installed and made myself a squeegee. I used Claudester's idea about the Tractor Supply Stall Mat. I also got mine on sale. It was around $35.

I got the idea for the Warn wings from My tractor Forum. 54 Plow Wings. - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

I bought 2 Warn PN 67957 Plow Side Walls. They were $58.51 each or $117.98 total Amazon Prime.

I started by setting the hole templets in a total of an 1.5 inches from the end.

Bolted the wings on.

Then I made the squeegee. I bought some M8 -1.25 x 40 bolts to replace the cutting edge bolts. If you got 45mm bolts it wouldn't be so close when you go to bolt the squeegee in place. Not a lot of threads came threw...

I also picked up an extra 4 bolts for the wing's squeegee. They were 35mm I believe.

Here are a couple shots of the finished project. The total width is now 59" wide.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I put these on a 60" plow several years ago that I had mounted to on an atv. It was a Moose plow that was about the heaviest atv plow built at the time. I had two issues with the solid wings.
1. The snow would not roll out when it was angled so basically I had a snow pusher
2. You want to be sure you don't push against anything fairly solid like a hard drift , what happened is it actually bent the blade where the wing mounts, I ended up making a angle iron bracket to bolt the bottom of the wing to a wear bar bolt for more support this held the wing quite well

I think the rubber wings are better as they will flex and not bend the blade.
Just thought I would share my experience, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nicely done. If a pusher is what you want/need it's a great setup. But, I was thinking what Red Badger then confirmed about the wings bending the blade if they catch on something. I want to do the squeegee idea, but think it's best to just let the snow fall off the blade when over loaded. When angled, that's what is supposed to happen anyway. On a bigger tractor, I can see how rubber wings could give you wider clearing paths, but I'd still want it to fall off if full.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I had a 60" Quadboss plow on my Polaris Scrambler my biggest "annoyance" was having to make a bunch of trips because the snow kept falling off the edge. It was a manual angle so it was left straight a lot. That was my motivation for the wing upgrade. Reading the MTF thread that guy seems happy with his end result. I will defiantly keep an eye on my blade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a very close setup to yours also modeled off of the MTF post. The wings worked very well, especially at reducing the cast off. I had it on a GX345 and it had no problem pushing a full blade, and never bent the blade in two years of use and pushing back snow piles. I recently sold the GX and upgraded to the 1025 TLB so I am interested in making this mod for the 54inch.

Attachments

Reactions: 636mullet

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wonder whether the wings would work on my rear frontier blade. It was a 5' blade, but I extended it to 6' to catch the snow that fell out of the bucket, I have the blade in an angle, but snow is still rolling out to the side. I wonder if one of those wings would catch this snow. How tall are they, would they be the right size to fit a rear blade?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just googled Warn part number 67957. Amazon had best price with my "Prime" account. EBay has them too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We had about an inch of snow last night. Really didn't push the setup.... I will say angle plowing works as it should. I still had some overflow when just pushing. Really wish snow was wet and more than an inch. Not really worth the effort. The rubber squeegee worked like a charm. Float worked as others have said. The 1026R had no steering issues in float. Very happy with the upgrade to the 54" blade. The loader works, but the blade excels!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts